Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

What college would you recomend going to next acedemic year?

I go to Belfast met at the minute , and the course i want to do next year is on offer at both Belfast met and Northern regional college. Belfast met is at a new building for my course next year (Titanic quarter) and Northern Regional have a new bit built on to their campus that i am looking at (Newtownabbey).

Well whats changing my mind most about BMC is the 450 odd jobs being cut and 33% less teaching time for students , so this is obviously going to affect me if i go to Belfast Met next year this is already affecting me tbh iv had about 6 classes cancelled due to talks with unions AND one of my teachers last week said their next thing was going to be a strike. Whereas NRC dont have any problems like that and both are within in 1 bus or 1 train journey.

So , what would yous all say or vote for?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Um what course is it that you're wanting to do? Cos BMC is better for some courses but Norther Regional is better at others. Plus, would travelling there be an issue or accomodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mat1823)
    Belfast met is at a new building for my course next year (Titanic quarter)
    Just check it the course is definitely moving to the new building, I'm doing an access course in CSE this year and our tutor said next year it was being taught in Millfield and not the new building.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CountDuckula)
    Um what course is it that you're wanting to do? Cos BMC is better for some courses but Norther Regional is better at others. Plus, would travelling there be an issue or accomodation?
    The course i wanna do is BTEC extended diploma in in creative media produciton (interactive media).

Iv heard people doing media at NRC but i havnt seen that person in a good while to see what its like , many people have been saying to stick to BMC and not to go near NRC then others have been saying the opposite

Going to NRC isn't a problem with travel. To NRC i just get one bus or train. BMC i can get a bus or take a short dander. I live in North Belfast so im not too far from either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rocket0612)
    Just check it the course is definitely moving to the new building, I'm doing an access course in CSE this year and our tutor said next year it was being taught in Millfield and not the new building.
    I think it is in the new building , i have a 2011/12 prospectus lying about i think i can remember reading it and it saying it's at Titanic Quarter. TBH i thought my course was going to go to Millfield. But who knows the way this year in tech has been going they could have more crap to do with the union and the job cuts etc

ReputationRep:
    I applied for both NRC and BMC for A level. I went to BMC for travel reasons as I would have to get to the Europa bus station to get to either and so it saved me a bus journey to get to NRC. I am applying for Reflexology for September and still I will choose BMC over NRC because of travel reasons as its closer to the bus station than NRC.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.