Turn on thread page Beta

Girls who shave 'down there' watch

Announcements

How on earth do you keep it up?! I've got a new boyfriend, and the other day I shaved before sleeping with him and that was fine. But like 2 days later it had grown back like really prickly and bumpy, and I was meant to be going back to my boyfriend's that night. Obviously I didn't want him to see it like that, so I thought I'd just shave and all would be well - but no. Because the hair was too short, I guess, it was ridiculously painful and started bleeding. A couple of hours later I noticed there were ugly red shaving bumps all over it, and I had to tell my boyfriend I'd come on my period. What am I meant to do in future though? I know I could wax but surely not all people who shave have to go through this?

ReputationRep:
    If your boyfriend hasn't told you he'd prefer you shaven, you don't have to. There's nothing wrong with hair as long as it isn't out of control

ReputationRep:
    Wait until it's long enough to shave again. Relax, your boyfriend realizes that hair grows back.

did you use any cream/lotion after shaving.. sudocrem works a charm.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried using a hair removal cream instead of shaving?

ReputationRep:
    Your skin actually gets used to it after a while and you stop getting razor bumps after a few weeks of shaving. In my experience anyway. I suggest you don't use a totally fresh razor either because if its too sharp it'll irritate the skin more. I find that when i replace the blades I'm more likely to get irritation.
    As has been mentioned before, let it grow back until you shave it again before your skin gets used to it and moisture it well.

ReputationRep:
    one word: WAX

(Original post by pixxie)
    ooh i've thought about this but they say not to use it in those areas(lol)
    any reason why the box says that?? is it just like a precaution for the company and actually nothing bad will happen if you do use it down there??
    would be sooooo much better than shaving

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    any reason why the box says that?? is it just like a precaution for the company and actually nothing bad will happen if you do use it down there??
    You can get some creams specially for "sensitive areas" such as 'down there' (or if you have a tash and need to get rid of it, armpits, places like that).
    It should be ok for you if you get a reliable brand (e.g Louis Marcell or something).

I have reaally sensitive skin, and it's never been a problem for me

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't trust the removal creams. I had the veet one for sensitive skin and all that but I began to bleed a bit and then the skin felt roar for days. Worked fine on the top part though!

ReputationRep:
    Dont bother with shaving, just book an appointment at a salon for a hollywood waxing.

No hairs at all for at least a week, then go back for another wax every 3 or 4 weeks.

I gets my legs waxed at the same time. Shaving takes waaayyy too long!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pixxie)
    Yes, shaving just messes it all up! I use veet, you're only meant to use it on your bikini line but I use ut all over, just have to be careful. Why did you get neg?

ReputationRep:
    Just make sure it only goes on your outer labia cos it burns the more sensitive skin after a while

ReputationRep:
    Dont shave! It comes back prickly ad itchy! - wax or leae it! x

(Original post by Jessica20)
    Dont bother with shaving, just book an appointment at a salon for a hollywood waxing.

No hairs at all for at least a week, then go back for another wax every 3 or 4 weeks.

I gets my legs waxed at the same time. Shaving takes waaayyy too long!
    I'm a male with no experience of strange female things like this - do you actually get naked at these places? :/

ReputationRep:
    I'm a male with no experience of strange female things like this - do you actually get naked at these places? :/
    Yes you have to lol. The beauticians are all women so theres no pervy guys trying to check you out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reisen)
    Yes, shaving just messes it all up! I use veet, you're only meant to use it on your bikini line but I use ut all over, just have to be careful. Why did you get neg?
    No idea :L I didn't even realise haha, oh well

ReputationRep:
    How on earth do you keep it up?! I've got a new boyfriend, and the other day I shaved before sleeping with him and that was fine. But like 2 days later it had grown back like really prickly and bumpy, and I was meant to be going back to my boyfriend's that night. Obviously I didn't want him to see it like that, so I thought I'd just shave and all would be well - but no. Because the hair was too short, I guess, it was ridiculously painful and started bleeding. A couple of hours later I noticed there were ugly red shaving bumps all over it, and I had to tell my boyfriend I'd come on my period. What am I meant to do in future though? I know I could wax but surely not all people who shave have to go through this?
    if you exfoliate before and after shaving you don't get red bumps and can just shave every other day in the shower, same as underarms really, to keep it up. Best thing i find is get an exfoliating glove and just use that with soap, shave, then use it with soap/shower gel again.

ReputationRep:
    i shave every other day and have never had any problems!

make sure you've been in the shower for like at least 5 minutes so your pores are open and all that jazz, use plenty shaving foam, shave AGAINST the hairs, i.e. down towards your feet, and use a scrub on the area afterwards. Putting sudocream on it can calm it down too.

SHAVING FOAM FTW though

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.