The Student Room Group

Girls who shave 'down there'

Scroll to see replies

Yeah your skin does get used to it, I was the same at first...I shave every few days, cos it really hurts to do it any sooner :P most lads aren't too bothered unless you leave it ages haha
You should do with what you feel comfortable. Any man worth being with would be content with neat and tidy (triangle or landing strip) and would not think less of you if you were not completely bare 'down there'.
Reply 22
Girls, on behalf of men everywhere, i just wanted to say, for all your hard work, a big...

...Thank you!

You have no idea how much nicer it is going down on someone who's cleanshaven. Its a genuine pleasure.
I shave and i'm exactly like you in the sense that I can't shave for a couple days after it starts growing back, but luckily for me my boyfriend doesn't mind AT ALL, to be honest I don't see why guys would mind a little bit there...
Reply 24
Original post by Anonymous
How on earth do you keep it up?! I've got a new boyfriend, and the other day I shaved before sleeping with him and that was fine. But like 2 days later it had grown back like really prickly and bumpy, and I was meant to be going back to my boyfriend's that night. Obviously I didn't want him to see it like that, so I thought I'd just shave and all would be well - but no. Because the hair was too short, I guess, it was ridiculously painful and started bleeding. A couple of hours later I noticed there were ugly red shaving bumps all over it, and I had to tell my boyfriend I'd come on my period. What am I meant to do in future though? I know I could wax but surely not all people who shave have to go through this?

Aww this is what it's like when you start! It's just a rash and will go away, once your skin gets used to it. Occasionally flaring up. Try using soap that's kind to your skin, and shaving once every few days, I do that, I do it for me though, no one else. ALso make sure that the razor that you're using is sharp, it will make it smoother and easier for you. It can be painful, but generally will dull down. Try a moisturiser afterwards, likes guys when they shave their faces, but something that is fine for there. It should calm it down. Also try a moisturising soap down there, It will help too.

Also, ask him what he prefers, and if it is shaved, offer to meet half way if shaving isn't for you, such as, superdrug do bikini waxing strips, cheaper and less embarressing than going to a salon, so try these for those areas, and keep it neat and not out of control. Shaving isn't for everyone, and it is painful and irritating at first, hope this gets better for you! I know what you're going through! x
I can't cope with un-trimmed, it's a big no-no.
My girlfriend uses that hair removal cream, she's got no issues.
Reply 26
Original post by Gallabay
Girls, on behalf of men everywhere, i just wanted to say, for all your hard work, a big...

...Thank you!

You have no idea how much nicer it is going down on someone who's cleanshaven. Its a genuine pleasure.

Does it really make that much of a difference? Yes fine, I know how much better clean shaven is, hell it feels nice, but to guys> I thought getting laid was your plan, not whether they shaved or not
No1 wants to go down on a forest. They actualyl wanna be able to lick your clit not have to flick through the bushes first.
Personally i find using veet easier than shaving down there. Tends to keep it away for longer and the regrowth isn't as bad :smile:

Do what you feel comfortable with.

Also use a moisturiser after to keep the skin smooth!
Original post by Gallabay

...Thank you!

This
Reply 30
I have an electric shaver with covered blades. It's a lot gentler and gives me less irritation than shaving with a razor, plus you don't have to use shaving gel so it's less messy. It was quite expensive, but so is waxing. I use it every 2-3 days, usually
Dont forget to do your back end too, hate it when girls only do the front, I go down and they have a hairy crack!!!
Reply 32
Original post by Jabblez
Does it really make that much of a difference? Yes fine, I know how much better clean shaven is, hell it feels nice, but to guys> I thought getting laid was your plan, not whether they shaved or not

yeh, but lets be honest, its about quality too. if its fun for me to go down then its gonna be fun for you too ;-)
Dont forget to do your back end too, hate it when girls only do the front, I go down and they have a hairy crack!!!

Um, have you ever shaved your crack? Please do, and let us know how it feels a few days later when it's starting to grow back.
Um, have you ever shaved your crack? Please do, and let us know how it feels a few days later when it's starting to grow back.

Of course, i dont expect to get rimmed with a hairy crack. It doesn't itch, and i do it every other day with no problems??
Reply 35
I had similar problems, so now I go to depilatory saloon, and last months noticed that I don't have hair (on my legs, it just stop growing)..it is true that it slows hair growing (for example I haven't been in saloon 2 and a half weeks)!
Just wax, honestly, shaving makes that area look gross in my opinion and i do not see how guys can be attracted to a stubbly area that resembles a mans face after a few days. When i started waxing i went to a saln a few times, and now i have my own pot of wax which i use, and although there is a short sharp pain when you pull the wax strip off it is nothing compared to the pain and itching from shaving. Ew.
Reply 37
My girlfriend uses wax, and hell it's goooooooood! My ex-gf used to shave and it wasn't nowhere as clean or smooth as wax.
Why not just trim? Maybe its me but prepubescent 8 year old looking vaginas are unattractive
Wait until the hair has grown enough to properly shave it again, and put soap or foam over the hair (not near your vagina though), and afterwards maybe put some moisturizer on the skin. I doubt your boyfriend would mind abit of hair just before you shave.

Quick Reply

Latest