Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I called my friend a failure watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lassilsa)
    I recently added a friend on Facebook who I have not seen in a long time. I know for a fact that she doesn't go to university, and has finished college now, but she is just working full-time at Greggs rather than doing anything with her life. I wrote on her wall last night, 'have you considered university x', and she messaged back '? xxx' because that was the first contact with her that I'd had in 5 years. But then we got chatting and I said that I thought she was wasting herself on that place and could do more so that she doesn't just look like a useless failure. The thing is, in that place, the only job satisfaction you'd get is knowing you made a nice bun, but then that bun goes down the toilet a couple of hours later anyway. She seemed to take offense though and hasn't bothered responding to any of my emails where I sent her links to university courses.

How can I get her to listen to me?
    she might be getting some good perks at gregs, like a free cheese roll or something and tea breaks .

ReputationRep:
    So I guess, because I'm not going to Uni, I'm a failure too, huh? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    You failed on this OP.

Simples.

There's almost nothing you can do as you just ****ed up a friendship already strained by time apart :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    I recently added a friend on Facebook who I have not seen in a long time. I know for a fact that she doesn't go to university, and has finished college now, but she is just working full-time at Greggs rather than doing anything with her life. I wrote on her wall last night, 'have you considered university x', and she messaged back '? xxx' because that was the first contact with her that I'd had in 5 years. But then we got chatting and I said that I thought she was wasting herself on that place and could do more so that she doesn't just look like a useless failure. The thing is, in that place, the only job satisfaction you'd get is knowing you made a nice bun, but then that bun goes down the toilet a couple of hours later anyway. She seemed to take offense though and hasn't bothered responding to any of my emails where I sent her links to university courses.

Heres something, did she say what job position she is in at Gregg's because if she has not then for all you know she could be the store manager plus it is her life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH-Biker)
    So I guess, because I'm not going to Uni, I'm a failure too, huh? :rolleyes:
    Well, if I'm honest, yes.

ReputationRep:

You failure.

They make good pastry too, YOU JERK.

ReputationRep:
    Unbelievable....

This has got to be a joke.

ReputationRep:
    Even though I've achieved my life's dream, I'm doing a career that makes me happier then anything in life and I absolutely live for it?

Still a failure?

Perhaps your friend is happy in her current job. Even if she's not, what gives you the right to be a cow to her? She's supposed to be a friend. Not something you have many of, I gather. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH-Biker)
    Even though I've achieved my life's dream, I'm doing a career that makes me happier then anything in life and I absolutely live for it?

Still a failure?

Perhaps your friend is happy in her current job. Even if she's not, what gives you the right to be a cow to her? She's supposed to be a friend. Not something you have many of, I gather. :rolleyes:
    I doubt the OP is even concerned about this person, and is using an opportunity to show off her University education and rub it in this "friend's" face.

OP you sound like your head is so far up your own arse I wouldn't be surprised if what I said above was correct.

You're a mean girl. You're a *****!

People! It's such an obvious troll!
    Don't let him/her get to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobsyourteapots)
    I work part time at greggs and going uni in september. Just cause you work there doesn't make you any less of a person with emotions or intelligence.
    This. Also people who work in Greggs can work their way up, eg to become manager or whatever.

P.S. I know this is a troll, but I'm offended they chose Greggs

ReputationRep:
    Going to unviersity isn't for everyone you know..

ReputationRep:
    So going to university will automatically make a person successful in life? Just because she works in gregs now, doesn't mean she won't get a better job later. My mum left school at 15, now she's working for Coca-Cola at a high management level, I think she's pretty successful, and when she was 23 she worked in a factory on an assembly line. Things change.

While you've been at a university this girl has gained experience in a work environment and has been earning money, it doesn't matter if it's gregs. Clearly she doesn't want to go to university nor does she need to, leave the girl alone and worry about your own future.

ReputationRep:
    You don't want to associate yourself with failures like her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynasty)
    :facepalm2:

I sincerely hope you're joking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dynasty)
    You're right tbh. I might just delete her as she's not even taking my advice on bettering herself and getting herself out of the gutter.

ReputationRep:
    You're right tbh. I might just delete her as she's not even taking my advice on bettering herself and getting herself out of the gutter.
    i dont usually comment on threads like these but i just had to here.

not everyone has to go to uni maybe shes working to save up some money for a trip or holiday or maybe just taking a year out for some fun or maybe she wants to work full time.

ITS HER CHOICE

actually iv gotta add more - tbh it seems actually kinda cruel sending uni courses maybe she cant get into uni or cant afford it or something liek that? maybe she has problems that you dont know about...

get off your high horse and leave her alone

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't a wise choice, everybody else has said that. Apologise, but accept what you said was offensive (as is the email sending) and you probably wont have the same relationship. Not everybody is interested in uni, it's a big commitment and not everybody's cut out for it. you've been an ass and i'd ignore you to

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.