Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    what will provide the better university experience , pros and cons of each city, uni, student life and community, whats better craic in general?? .. ANYTHING YOU PEOPLE CAN THINK OF TO HELP ME DECIDE
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Really depends on what you're looking for in terms of your own "university experience".

Both Newcastle and Manchester are well known for their vibrant nightlife, clubbing and music scene. So it's unlikely you'll get bored at either.

One big difference is that Newcastle city centre is more compact than Manchester. So it's easier to walk around on foot (which can be quite an advantage on nights out). Both have quite well integrated public transport systems (Newcastle with the Metro, Manchester with the MetroLink).

At Newcastle there are two universities in the compact city centre, creating a very dominant student presence in a small area. Though Manchester has even ore students albeit spread across a large area, most are still highly concentated in the same two or three areas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neopolitian25)
    what will provide the better university experience , pros and cons of each city, uni, student life and community, whats better craic in general?? .. ANYTHING YOU PEOPLE CAN THINK OF TO HELP ME DECIDE
    thanks
    Hiya,

The league tables ( one found here: http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...e.htm?ipg=8726) would tell you that Northumbria is slightly better, but it really depends on the course you want to do!

It really comes down to which city you like better. I'm headed for Northumbria and I think Newcastle is great as I don't like living somewhere too big. That said, you might be a big city type!

Pros for Newcastle: Good nightlife: Especially if you like scantilly clad women (if you're not into girls then ignore that!). Otherwise drinks up here in certain bars are the same price as bottled water everywhere else (I kid you not!

There are a few good beaches fairly nearby (Beach parties!)

You will likely be living on a street with a TON of other students so it's really easy to make friends. My friends in uni halls say they love it there too.

Other than that, (I looked at a previous thread of yours) you're doing law, right? In that case I've heard good things about Northumbria law school. A friend who does law here says it's got one of the highest rates of graduate employment and the course is really good prep. I don't know much about Man met though, so I don't know if it's better over all.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    thanks! went for northumbria in the end up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neopolitian25)
    thanks! went for northumbria in the end up
    Awesome! I hope you like it there

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.