Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Urgh.

So, im trolling through this form quite slowly, since I always run into queries. For instance, if you are entitled to a Maitenance GRANT of around 3-5 grand, will that be for all years? (As in, when I come to reapply, il get around 3-5 grand that year if my financial status has not changed?).

I know that the Maitenance Loan amounts are around 3.5 grand a year, and you get to apply for them the following years, im just worried I wont be able to with the Maitenance Grants.

Also, theres this section on "Your Income" and it gives two yes/no questions:

Do you have any taxable unearned income?
    Yes/No

Will your employer be releasing you to attend your course for the academic year 2011/12?
    Yes/No

I do not work. Do I just answer no for both (since I dont receive any taxable unearned income anyways)

ReputationRep:
    You should still get the grants if your status hasnt changed. You re-apply every year dont worry you should still get the grants.

Put no for them since you dont work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N??!)
    You should still get the grants if your status hasnt changed. You re-apply every year dont worry you should still get the grants.

Put no for them since you dont work.
    So I could be entitled for 3-5k grants per year rather than a one-off grant for the whole 4 years of my course?

ReputationRep:
    Thats what i was told because im only entitled to £415 and i dont think that would last me 3 years.. well not even 3 months to be honest haha. Thats what the student finance wales told us in the talk they did at my 6th form that you get a grant every year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N??!)
    Thats what i was told because im only entitled to £415 and i dont think that would last me 3 years.. well not even 3 months to be honest haha. Thats what the student finance wales told us in the talk they did at my 6th form that you get a grant every year.
    Ahh thanks alot, big help.

Also, youre school doesn't suck with all this then it seems, we haven't had talks from SFW, we have had little help honestly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OmegaGreen17)
    Ahh thanks alot, big help.

Also, youre school doesn't suck with all this then it seems, we haven't had talks from SFW, we have had little help honestly.
    No problem Naaah our school does suck to be honest they only came because they are litterally a 2 minute walk away :P

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.