Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Which would you recommend and why?

-Cardiff= AAA Psychology
    -Durham=ABB Psychology(applied) -(Stockton on Tees campus -Queens-Stevo college)

I like both the courses equally, but can't decide!!!

Durham. Durham every step of the way! Durham, definitely! Definitely Durham!

Durham!! Though I am a little biased as i went to Durham to do Applied Psychology (and in fact rejected Cardiff)...If you have any questions about Durham/Stockton/the course which might help with your decision then feel free to ask!

Tough one. Stockton isn't really Durham. If it was Psychology in the actual city of Durham I'd say definitely go there, but you should know that Stockton is to Durham like Trent is to Nottingham, or Brookes is to Oxford... except for the fact that you do get your degree from Durham University when you graduate

This is true...having said that it depends on you and your personality as to whether you'll like stockton or not...its not the nicest place to live but i loved it. There are only two colleges which give a really nice community feel, and you recognise everyone when you're around campus/on nights out...rent for second and third year is much cheaper than durham itself..or alternatively if you have decided by then that stockton isnt for you then some people move to durham for their second and/or third years and commute (by car or free bus). If you know where to go, and stick to the student nights out then stockton is fine..you just need to be a little more streetwise than you would do in durham...however if you'd prefer the more 'rah' feel to durham then go for that...just remember that queens campus isnt inferior in any way with regard to academic ability, there are some really good courses based there, and of course your degree is from Durham University.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.