Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Everyone around me is having problems losing weight and I'm here struggling to gain. I'm one skinny guy and I'm fed up. The only problem I have now is where to start in terms of pumping weights. I can't even lift heavy right now and I've got an issue with being watched in the gym. Right now I weight roughly 50kg and I'm 5 foot 7. If it helps, I'm 16 years old. Any help on what I should lift and what eating habits I should form is appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Start tracking your calories to see how far you are off a calorific excess. Add foods to your diet accordingly. Also its recommended you get over a gram of protein per pound of bodyweight (or 2ish grams per kg) to build more muscle tissue. Tbh anything around 2500-3000 calories should be enough for you to gain weight.

Google GOMAD if you're really struggling to gain weight.

ReputationRep:
    Post diet. Then have a pint of milk. Then read the replies here. Then drink another pint of milk. Then eat some steak.

ReputationRep:
    Lots of protein, however for someone as skinny as you I would definitely recommend some serious supplements in the form of lots of protein.
    Here are two good ones I know of:
    1. http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/opt/whey.html
    2. http://www.bodyactive-online.co.uk/S...hd-synergy.asp

The second also has creatine in it which helps with performance.
    On top of all that, just make sure you don't go hungry and that you have a good diet eg. cut out the sugar and crap and have lots of meat, veg, and some carbs.

ReputationRep:
    sounds like op is an extreme ectomorph

for a workout routine google "starting strength" and follow that for a few months

diet aim to get at least 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight and 3 grams of carbs per pound of bodyweight per day

split this up into 6 small meals throughout the day

would go into greater detail but dont have the time right now

ReputationRep:
    You are probably ectomorphic OP, meaning you have a hard time gaining muscle or fat.

This isn't a bad thing. In fact, it can probably be great in the long run since if you do things right you will gain lots of muscle without gaining fat too, so you won't have to do the conventional "bulk and cut" like most people.

Get lots of protein in your diet. Eat lots of food, and I mean lots. It is almost impossible to gain muscle if you are are on a calorie deficit.

As for weights, everybody has to start somewhere! It is important to lift light to get your form as good as possible if you can't lift heavy straight away, then slowly move on to heavier and heavier weights. As for people watching you, who gives a ****, your body is your own business, nobody else's.

If you want some good inspiration or advice, google "zyzz". He started as a skinny ectomorphic kid like you, and he's now got one of the most ripped physiques you'll ever see (bear in mind, he has used steroids and he has good genetic predisposition, so don't expect to get to his level in a short space of time).

Inb4 getting negged for mentioning zyzz

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.