Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

my best friend was in a 4yr relationship and then got cheated on pretty horrendously, he was a wreck for most of fresher year but then only about six months after he jumped straight into a relationship with my other best friend...
    first four months they were dating they were great - easy to be happy for them, then when it came round to his break up anniversary (he asked his new gf to be with him in case he got upset about it) he started getting depressed and then more depressed around his ex's birthday and he is just getting worse and worse...
    now my girl-mate is always alllways upset about the way he behaves like blowing her off, being depressed and distant and not there for her, and all he talks about is how tough his life is...and i think it's because he's not over his first love because he stil goes on about how much he hates her, once he took my best friend out as a couple to a poetry reading where he performed a poem he wrote about how much he hated his ex...i mean that's so inappropriate!! and then if she randomly comes up in conversation or whatever he gets super agitated and he asked me to not talk to her even though it's been a year...

i'm finding it really awkward because he dumps on me about how miserable he is and i know that he's the reason that she is dumping on me because he's upset her....it's sso awkard because i want to tell him to stop hurting her and i want to say what i think.. and i hate listening to it because it's like they're ****ging each other off to me but i cant say anything because that's getting involved...how do i tell them to keep it too themselves because it makes me uncomfortable without telling them they they are making each other miserable and interfering with their relationship?

do you think he is over his ex?

ReputationRep:
    No he's not over his ex.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.