Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Paranoid... watch

Announcements

I recently went to cut my hair and went to a barber that I'd never been before. So the guy was cutting my hair then he 'accidently' cut my ear. I'm now feeling overly paranoid even though my proper barber sometimes cuts my ear by accident. It's 12:57 am and I can't sleep because I'm starting to believe I'm infected with a disease. What are the chances a disease would spread from a hair clipper to my ear?

ReputationRep:
    i once went to cut my hair, and the hair dresser cut my neck. i didnt catch any diseases, so the chances of you catching anything is slim. i hope you treated your ear, though, just in case.

ReputationRep:
    yeah treat it and dont you think you should get a new barber if he keeps cutting you?

ReputationRep:
    probably so unlikely you'll have got a disease from that but a good barbour shouldnt be cutting you so switch him!

ReputationRep:
    yep you've got the aids.

like they say: the most at risk groups are:

homosexual men
    drug users
    africans
    people having their ears clipped by an unknown barber

ReputationRep:
    your mistake is going to a barber. go to a salon adn get it done right.

However you should be ok - its unlikely you will catch anything from it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.