Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    im just reading what the specification (syllabus) wants and im getting to every detail .. but not other than that .. is that okay ?
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by aoas)
    im just reading what the specification (syllabus) wants and im getting to every detail .. but not other than that .. is that okay ?
    This depends I think on the exam board you are on. I'm on AQA doing unit 5 Biology in the summer. There is an essay which contains 25 marks and you get marks for writing stuff that is not mentioned on the syllabus at all. Some of the marks are also synoptic so you have to know stuff on the syllabus for the past units you have done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eloades11)
    This depends I think on the exam board you are on. I'm on AQA doing unit 5 Biology in the summer. There is an essay which contains 25 marks and you get marks for writing stuff that is not mentioned on the syllabus at all. Some of the marks are also synoptic so you have to know stuff on the syllabus for the past units you have done.
    Im in edexcel exam board .. and the syllabus almost cover everything but they told me there will be some stuff outside the syllabus .. so i dont know what to studyy !
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    (Original post by aoas)
    Im in edexcel exam board .. and the syllabus almost cover everything but they told me there will be some stuff outside the syllabus .. so i dont know what to studyy !
    Just find a topic you are interested in that you have already covered the basis of, and develop that, google it, learn more than just what the book says.

I don't know what types of things your specification covers, but what I have decided to do is the occasional research using wiki and I'm currently reading 'language of the genes' by Steve Jones. I like studying genetics

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 7, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.