Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Fat burners / Rippers and the like Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, i've decided to start training harder. I was once a very avid fitness 'freak' as they are sometimes called. I ran each morning (pre breakfast) as i wanted to cut and be more toned. This worked out for me along side my diet - i managed to go from 14 stone of pretty much fat down to 11 stone.

I also hit the gym hard 3/4 times weeky doing heavy 4x4 but only on major work outs. Bench, squats, deads etc...

But a year ago my time seem to just vanish, my life got alot of complex. Not much of an excuse i know. I also got abit lazy too.

I've been getting up early for a 30 min run pre breakfast again in the hope that i can get my body back to what it was before. I'm currently at 12 stone. Basically my question is; is there such a product that's not harmful like stroids that can help burn fat when in training?

Any advice would be great.

ReputationRep:
    Steroids don't burn fat directly, they just accelerate muscle growth (which can make it easier to hold on to muscle mass when cutting). Either way I wouldn't recommend them.

Eat less if you want to lose weight, it's the only solid rule. Exercise (cardio) is just burning calories, which is what your body does anyway throughout the day (check your BMR, and aim to eat below that if possible).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmericanPsycho)
    Steroids don't burn fat directly, they just accelerate muscle growth (which can make it easier to hold on to muscle mass when cutting). Either way I wouldn't recommend them.

Eat less if you want to lose weight, it's the only solid rule. Exercise (cardio) is just burning calories, which is what your body does anyway throughout the day (check your BMR, and aim to eat below that if possible).
    Technically steriods don't accelerate muscle growth directly either, however muscle grows and fat is reduced.

Stop the steady state stuff and start training like an athelete and do some HIIT, that will melt the fat off you.

ReputationRep:
    As said before just eat less but make sure you're getting enough protein to retain your muscle and do some HIIT and your fat will just dissapear.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 8, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.