Turn on thread page Beta

worried about conditional offer from avivva 2:1 watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have just been given a conditional offer for avvivas management grad scheme but it is conditional on me getting a 2:1 I still have a lot of final exams and some essays to go and I need to.do well in all of them. I'm basically worried if I miss my 2:1 by a few marks and even though iv gone through all the application process and even been on several meet and greet thing already that I may just have my contract revoked. Does anyone know anything about my situation or what I should do if I do get the 2:2. I was debating just blagging it out and saying I forgot my certificate on thyroid first day or whatever? Any help would be great thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I can think of people who've had their job taken away due to not getting a 2:1 (not Avivva specifically, but other firms). Work hard, it'll pay off - not just for this job, but your entire life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iankennard)
    Hi I have just been given a conditional offer for avvivas management grad scheme but it is conditional on me getting a 2:1 I still have a lot of final exams and some essays to go and I need to.do well in all of them. I'm basically worried if I miss my 2:1 by a few marks and even though iv gone through all the application process and even been on several meet and greet thing already that I may just have my contract revoked. Does anyone know anything about my situation or what I should do if I do get the 2:2. I was debating just blagging it out and saying I forgot my certificate on thyroid first day or whatever? Any help would be great thanks.
    What is this you speak of (in bold)? I am starting with them also for another scheme, but have not had any meet and greets so far? Which location will you be based?

What Uni do you go to mate out of interest?

As the other poster said; if you got to get a 2:1, then make sure you get a 2:1! Otherwise it doesn't look good on you if you are unable to match their requirements, from a potential employee perspective. i.e. as part of your job, you will probably be required to take some training courses with exams. By showing you can't meet requirement in your degree doesn't fill them with confidence about employing you!

Just put in extra hours if you got to mate!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.