Turn on thread page Beta

The next Google? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure quite a bit of people here have heard of Groupon.

I just read an article about how they are the next big thing. Apparently, Google tried to acquire them, but were turned down because they felt their prospects were much higher than the offer.

What do you guys think? Do you guys use deal-sites? What's your experience with them, as I'm not a fan of making purchases online.

Are they safe? I figure they are since Google wanted to buy them. Does anyone know more about this topic?

ReputationRep:
    Groupon is bloody amazing. At my house we use it all the time! I love how local it is and it's not all national chains and stuff. We've snapped some amazing bargains, eg. 36 personalised cupcakes for £6.50 and free delivery, two course meal for two with a beer for £8, full english for two people at local caf for £3.50. It's all totally legit, we've had no trouble redeeming any of our coupons.
    I can't wait to use it when I'm at uni -it will make it totally affordable to go out for a nice meal once a week!!! best one i saw was a london one - £24 for TWO people to have a three-course meal, a bottle of wine and two cocktails each - imagine that for an anniversary or special occasion.

Only downside is having to walk into all these fancy restaurants and whipping out...your coupon... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    JL.com

ReputationRep:
    ussumane.com is quite good I hear.

ReputationRep:
    Someone on here recommended it or something similar, and i got a great discount on a photobook. you have to be in there early though!

ReputationRep:
    I mean, I know Groupon is a legit operation and understand the whole group buying thing. Some of the deals I see across London are rediculous.

What I'm trying to get is, what it's like dealing with the company specifically, i mean with regards to customer service and stuff. I'm always very wary of my credit card info online. like, what if i put all my information and place an order and i don't my get coupon, you know what i mean, i'd be like wtf?

plus there's so many of these new deal-sites out, i see a bunch of ads on yahoo from companies like livingsocial, onespout, mycitydeals, kgbdeals. i mean whose reliable. there's gotta be someone here whose a season vet that knows who to recommend.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.