Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Government shoul give money to rich countries not poor countries watch

Ooooh dear...

(Original post by The_Great_One)
    I dont like the idea of the government giving any money to anyone outside the UK but its got to be done as part of secretive deals for oil and so on. So i think we should give the aid to developed countries because they will put it to a useful cause such as space travel or cancer research. If you give money to poor countries then they dont spend it on anything constructive that changes society because the only people that see it are the dictators.

some might argue that space travel is not really useful..

(Original post by JunePlum)
    Since when ALL poor countries are ruled by dictators????...

You are making very little sense and your argument is ridiculously weak.
    Even the title sounds wrong...

Give more money to the rich and none to the poor....just :facepalm:
    Well if they are not being told what to do by their own dictators, they are being told what to do by western/developed dictators. Only it's indirectly through trade, hence why they are still poor after all the aid they have been given.

(Original post by creak)
    He's right to say that the primary motivations for giving aid aren't humanitarian, though.
    God, I'm so bored with this unfounded, vitriolic cynicism.
How are you feeling about your exams?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.