Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I have an offer from Leicester Medical School, and Dundee Medical school, thing is I have no idea which one to firm.

I've been to Leicester, its a nice uni and nice city. I've only seen Dundee as the uni, I haven't actually visited the city so I don't know how it is. I've heard its always misty/foggy/wet there?

However Dundee seems to have a better reputation as a medical school.

Please provide constructive feedback. Thank you so much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zebra12345)

Since when?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gozatron)
    Since when?
    Its higher than Leicester Medical School in every league table.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Are the courses similar?

You're gonna get ripped apart for this!!

ReputationRep:
    ... dude ... OH SNAPPP YOU DID NOT JUST SAY WHAT I THINK YOU SAID .... YOU ARE IN SOME DEEP **** NOW

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    Are the courses similar?

You're gonna get ripped apart for this!!
    Sorry I didn't mean to cause any offence, Im just unsure which one to pick as my firm, and Dundee Medical School just seems more reputable etc

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I have an offer from Leicester Medical School, and Dundee Medical school, thing is I have no idea which one to firm.

I've been to Leicester, its a nice uni and nice city. I've only seen Dundee as the uni, I haven't actually visited the city so I don't know how it is. I've heard its always misty/foggy/wet there?

Personally I'd go to Leicester because it seems to have a better nightlife and social scene but I haven't visited Dundee so I can't say that with any real conviction.

As for which is the more reputable school, you'll learn very quickly that it doesn't really matter which one you attend as they're all validated by the GMC and lead to the same qualification.

What you may want to take into account before making your choice are the following:

- which course structure suits you better?
    -which city appeals to you more and where would you like to spend 5/6 years of your life?
    -which one offers the sports and socieities you're most interested in joining?
    -are you happy to travel around that university's region on various clinical attachments (rural Scotland in the winter seems to pose a few obstacles)?
    -is the cost of living important to you? where would it be cheaper to live?
    - is distance from home an issue?
    - where would you be happy?

ReputationRep:
    Leicester is a nice city with a lot of foreign in particular south asian people, and don't worry about medical school reputation as unless its oxbridge, most med schools are regarded with similar reputation . I've never been Dundee though.

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

If it was me, I would choose Dundee mainly because I would rather live in Dundee than Leicester. And yes I have been to both Dundee and Leicester. I thought Leicester sounded good in the prospectus, but I didn't really like the city.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2011
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.