Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,

I have an offer from Leicester Medical School, and Dundee Medical school, thing is I have no idea which one to firm.

I've been to Leicester, its a nice uni and nice city. I've only seen Dundee as the uni, I haven't actually visited the city so I don't know how it is. I've heard its always misty/foggy/wet there?

However Dundee seems to have a better reputation as a medical school.

Please provide constructive feedback. Thank you so much.

ReputationRep:
    Leicester's got a pretty solid reputation. We're also really friendly, and our support services are second to none, and the other Leicester Medics on here will confirm that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    Leicester's got a pretty solid reputation. We're also really friendly, and our support services are second to none, and the other Leicester Medics on here will confirm that.
    Im sure it has, I really liked the place when I went, having said that how come Dundee is higher than Leicester in all the league tables?

Is the teaching better at Dundee?

In terms of which has the better city to live in, Leicester wins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zebra12345)
    Im sure it has, I really liked the place when I went, having said that how come Dundee is higher than Leicester in all the league tables?

Is the teaching better at Dundee?

In terms of which has the better city to live in, Leicester wins.
    I'm not sure, because I don't go to Dundee, but if you want to base your decisions on league tables-
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/...guide-medicine
    -higher satisfaction with teaching/course/feedback
    The only place where Dundee beats Leicester is student spend(?) and 3 point inc entry tariff.

But league tables are useless, you should decide for yourself!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    I'm not sure, because I don't go to Dundee, but if you want to base your decisions on league tables-
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/...guide-medicine
    -higher satisfaction with teaching/course/feedback
    The only place where Dundee beats Leicester is student spend(?) and 3 point inc entry tariff.

But league tables are useless, you should decide for yourself!
    Your right, I never noticed that. Im guessing your a Leicester medic? How is the first year there? Which accomodation would you recommend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zebra12345)
    Your right, I never noticed that. Im guessing your a Leicester medic? How is the first year there? Which accomodation would you recommend?
    It's hard. But I imagine it's the same everywhere! Accommodation... definitely John Foster if you can, failing that Beaumont isn't so bad.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.