Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    yep and the earth is a flat pancake that is supported by 4 elephants that are on a turtle that is floating in the great ocean. And the earth is the center of the universe. And God is watching us from the clouds.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posietoes)
    I've always wondered that, if it was real, why it hasn't been done since?
    Because it cost F*ckloads of money + there really isn't that much benefit once you've gone a few times.

ReputationRep:
    We can prove we went up there by shining a laser at the moon which gets reflected from the plate they left up there. If that plate wasn't there the laser would not shine back. Thus proving humans did go to the moon.

And we can't go back up there because of all the radiation. Not to mention it would be a complete waste of money and time. I think NASA would rather focus on going to Mars right now and so would other nations' space agencies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sswf224)
    Hello everybody - we all know the moon landings were a hoax and a fake.

How could they in the late 60’s with their computer power then and how come it will take years to go back again, and dont get me started on the inconsistencies in the photos.

They never did land on the moon - the only thing they did land on was Hollywood’s back lot.

I suppose you have to give it to the Americans they can put on a show - look at Disneyland and Universal.

Why dont you all come clean now and tell us all it was a show !
    So...where is your evidence!

ReputationRep:
    Considering how closely the Russians were watching the USA at that time do you not think at least one high ranking Russian official would have come out at the time and called it all into question?

Or is it all a cover up by the Zionist Freemasons?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donuticus)
    Considering how closely the Russians were watching the USA at that time do you not think at least one high ranking Russian official would have come out at the time and called it all into question?

Or is it all a cover up by the Zionist Freemasons?
    Zionist Freemasons funded by the Bilderberg Group

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Susanne839)
    Oh my god I don't understand how people can be so gullable as to believe these ridiculous conspiracy theories!!
    Why would they fake it?? To what end??
    Also if they did they must have had a lot of people working on it who just magically kept quiet... Can you seriously imagine they could keep it a secret??
    Also you can shine lasers that reflect back off the mirrors that they put there - how would that be possible if they hadn't landed there?
    It's ridiculous conspiracy theories like this that are contributing to a general distrust of science amongst the general population and you should all be ashamed!!
    Actually... if you watch a documentary with well supported facts, 2 or 3 (cant remember) of people working for NASA had announced that they would reveal the truth about the "moon landing". 1 hour later all of them had been killed in a car accident. (yeah I don't think so...)

Not saying its a hoax, but if it was true, there wouldn't be so much evidence against it... and the people saying they would tell the truth would not have been killed.

Shine big bright thing at moon and it zaps back at you. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiwiiiii)
    yep and the earth is a flat pancake that is supported by 4 elephants that are on a turtle that is floating in the great ocean. And the earth is the center of the universe. And God is watching us from the clouds.
    I had a look at the Flat Earth Society's website the other day, to see for myself how ridiculous their claims and views are. You should have a look at it, it makes quite astounding reading...

ReputationRep:
    I also am sure it was a hoax, too many holes in their story.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Wilberforce)
    I also am sure it was a hoax, too many holes in their story.
    List them please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    List them please.
    Come off it. I won't bother to list them all, but just take heed of this fact: The moon landing occurred in the late sixties, and back then the technology was nothing like it is now. Do you really think they would have been able to make it first time to the moon and back without a single problem? Do you really thin k they would have even risked the men's lives in such a risky, suicide-like mission? Very unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    No it wasn't.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilberforce)
    Come off it. I won't bother to list them all, but just take heed of this fact: The moon landing occurred in the late sixties, and back then the technology was nothing like it is now. Do you really think they would have been able to make it first time to the moon and back without a single problem? Do you really thin k they would have even risked the men's lives in such a risky, suicide-like mission? Very unlikely.
    What a pathetic argument.

Listing your stupidities one by one:
    'They were less advanced than us, therefore not sufficiently advanced to go to the moon' is clearly a false statement.
    'X is hard, therefore we cannot get X right the first time' is similarly false.
    'Going to the moon is suicidal, therefore we would not do it' is wrong on (probably) both counts. Going to the moon was not suicidal, it was quite plausible. In fact, we did. For the second, I think some risk would have been considered reasonable to beat the Russians, though as previously stated there wasn't really that much risk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazybike)
    Actually... if you watch a documentary with well supported facts, 2 or 3 (cant remember) of people working for NASA had announced that they would reveal the truth about the "moon landing". 1 hour later all of them had been killed in a car accident. (yeah I don't think so...)

Not saying its a hoax, but if it was true, there wouldn't be so much evidence against it... and the people saying they would tell the truth would not have been killed.
    There isn't any evidence against it.

You're confusing the existence of evidence with the existence of people who tell you there is evidence.

ReputationRep:

Ok first of all, if it was in a documentary then it MUST be true...?
    Also, to make that much of a convincing hoax you would need a hell of a lot of people working on it and 2 or 3 people is nothing they could have just wanted to make some money. Besides are you saying NASA now have assassins working for them?? That they get people killed?? Hmmm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by posietoes)
    I've always wondered that, if it was real, why it hasn't been done since?

I don't know what to believe
    It's because they found out that there is an alien base on the dark side of the moon complete with pyramids, structures and a massive glass dome......duh

Keep up with the conspiracy theories girl

WTF is all this about mirrors on the moon etc. Who the hell (apart from NASA etc) has a laser big enough to fire at the moon?!

Ooh found some more conspiracy stuff....

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/201...acists-110403/

ReputationRep:

That is such a load of *******s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Susanne839)
    Ok first of all, if it was in a documentary then it MUST be true...?
    Also, to make that much of a convincing hoax you would need a hell of a lot of people working on it and 2 or 3 people is nothing they could have just wanted to make some money. Besides are you saying NASA now have assassins working for them?? That they get people killed?? Hmmm
    nasassins :ninja:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.