Turn on thread page Beta

Moon landing WAS a hoax watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Susanne839)
    Ok first of all, if it was in a documentary then it MUST be true...?
    Also, to make that much of a convincing hoax you would need a hell of a lot of people working on it and 2 or 3 people is nothing they could have just wanted to make some money. Besides are you saying NASA now have assassins working for them?? That they get people killed?? Hmmm
    Please don't be so naive to think big government organizations aren't willing to kill people to keep their secrets hidden. If so, you didn't pay much attention in your history class.

That is not a very good counterargument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Berbalicious)
    WTF is all this about mirrors on the moon etc. Who the hell (apart from NASA etc) has a laser big enough to fire at the moon?!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apache_Point_Observatory

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dring)
    There isn't any evidence against it.

You're confusing the existence of evidence with the existence of people who tell you there is evidence.

I'm not saying it IS a hoax. I'm just saying that as an open-minded thinking individual you can look at information and doubt it if you have to. That leads to asking questions, which of course could turn out to be wrong but to just accept something your government shows on tv is just silly.

For example, in the pictures the flag clearly looks like it is waving, of course this is impossible in space, so already doubt in any thinking individual should arise. ( of course this could be due to weird lighting and so on)

Similarly the shadows pointing in two different directions (indicating two light sources). Again this could be due to some weird effect (mythbusters proved it is possible to get shawdows pointing in different directions with one light source), but it will still put doubt in my mind (they worked on a set up for ours, everything HAD to be EXACTLY right and so on)

These are just a couple of things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazybike)
    Please don't be so naive to think big government organizations aren't willing to kill people to keep their secrets hidden. If so, you didn't pay much attention in your history class.

'Some government organisations kill therefore the moon landings were faked'?

Edit: Ooh, and on the scientist's part, 'I'm one of thousands of people involved in faking the moon landings, none of whom have ever said anything. Despite having first hand awareness of the absurd extremes to which my government will go to keep a secret, I'll happily announce that I'll shortly reveal information that I know they will want to kill me for, with no failsafes on the release of this knowledge'.

ReputationRep:

No my argument is that there is no real evidence against it there are just people who claim they have evidence against it!
    One thing I am not is naive - I am just a little hesitant to become embroiled in ridiculous conspiracy theories that are just trying to scaremonger!
    Also I didn't do history - I was busy with physics.

ReputationRep:
    Troll or just incredibly stupid. At this moment in time, I'm not entirely such which.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not saying it IS a hoax. I'm just saying that as an open-minded thinking individual you can look at information and doubt it if you have to. That leads to asking questions, which of course could turn out to be wrong but to just accept something your government shows on tv is just silly.
    You can then a) perpetrate this doubt, or b) read about it and realise that you were wrong.

For example, in the pictures the flag clearly looks like it is waving, of course this is impossible in space, so already doubt in any thinking individual should arise. ( of course this could be due to weird lighting and so on)
    We don't need to invoke lighting. The flag was spring-loaded. The ripples observed in it when placed in a vacuum are exactly what you'd expect.

Similarly the shadows pointing in two different directions (indicating two light sources). Again this could be due to some weird effect (mythbusters proved it is possible to get shawdows pointing in different directions with one light source), but it will still put doubt in my mind (they worked on a set up for ours, everything HAD to be EXACTLY right and so on)
    I don't really understand this one. Mythbusters showed that the argument was wrong...but you still doubt them for some reason?

These are just a couple of things
    Both of which are trivially explained in ways which make perfect sense on the moon?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dring)
    You can then a) perpetrate this doubt, or b) read about it and realise that you were wrong.

We don't need to invoke lighting. The flag was spring-loaded. The ripples observed in it when placed in a vacuum are exactly what you'd expect.

I don't really understand this one. Mythbusters showed that the argument was wrong...but you still doubt them for some reason?

Both of which are trivially explained in ways which make perfect sense on the moon?

I NEVER said the moon landing is a hoax. Read my posts again. I said there are enough things people can be "doubtful" about. This doubt will always be enough to convince some people it was a hoax. You have to try to see things from their perspective.

If it was true there should be no fishy things going on. Yet, there are, and therefore you will always have people doubting. That's it really.

ReputationRep:
    I NEVER said the moon landing is a hoax. Read my posts again. I said there are enough things people can be "doubtful" about. This doubt will always be enough to convince some people it was a hoax. You have to try to see things from their perspective.

If it was true there should be no fishy things going on. Yet, there are, and therefore you will always have people doubting. That's it really.
    You say you don't believe it's a hoax, but then you say things like 'if it was true there should be no fishy things going on' which contradict yourself since you seem to consider easily explained things to be 'fishy'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dring)
    You say you don't believe it's a hoax, but then you say things like 'if it was true there should be no fishy things going on' which contradict yourself since you seem to consider easily explained things to be 'fishy'.
    2 people involved with nasa say they want to reveal the truth about the moon landing get killed 1 hour after saying it?

Now, if they had absolutely nothing to hide, let them speak out, nobody will believe them anyway. But if they had some evidence or data, then it could mean trouble.

You see. People will never know what was really behind it and this will fuel conspiracy theories. You cant tell me that them being killed 1 hour later is not fishy?

ReputationRep:
    2 people involved with nasa say they want to reveal the truth about the moon landing get killed 1 hour after saying it?
    Do you even have a source for this? I mean, other than 'I saw someone say it once'.

Now, if they had absolutely nothing to hide, let them speak out, nobody will believe them anyway. But if they had some evidence or data, then it could mean trouble.
    You see. People will never know what was really behind it and this will fuel conspiracy theories. You cant tell me that them being killed 1 hour later is not fishy?
    I can tell you that it didn't actually happen, if that would help.

If you can give any evidence that it did happen, I can evaluate that instead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dring)
    Do you even have a source for this? I mean, other than 'I saw someone say it once'.

I can tell you that it didn't actually happen, if that would help.

If you can give any evidence that it did happen, I can evaluate that instead.
    Can't find their names right now.

I watched this documentary:

Conspiracy Theory: Did We Really Land on the Moon?

They mention their names and their circumstances. Maybe take a look at that if you will. Of course don't believe everything they throw at you but they do have some points of interest or "fishiness" which may not disprove the landing, but I believe are enough to fuel doubt and so on.

ReputationRep:
    Can't find their names right now.

I watched this documentary:

Conspiracy Theory: Did We Really Land on the Moon?

They mention their names and their circumstances. Maybe take a look at that if you will. Of course don't believe everything they throw at you but they do have some points of interest or "fishiness" which may not disprove the landing, but I believe are enough to fuel doubt and so on.
    I don't have access to that TV program. Do you have any other source? Perhaps the source used by the program?

If that is the 'documentary' I have heard of before, it is a cesspool of lies designed to get viewers, not an objective look at the facts. But that's an ad hominem, so I'll happily debunk any particular argument raised by the program if you can give me a source I can actually see.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Wilberforce)
    Come off it. I won't bother to list them all, but just take heed of this fact: The moon landing occurred in the late sixties, and back then the technology was nothing like it is now. Do you really think they would have been able to make it first time to the moon and back without a single problem? Do you really thin k they would have even risked the men's lives in such a risky, suicide-like mission? Very unlikely.
    Technology has improved, yes, but why does that mean they couldn't go to the moon in the sixties?

When you say 'first time', that's a bit misleading. They successfully landed on the moon the first time they tried to land on the moon, but they went through a lot of trial runs for the other parts of the mission, some of which failed spectacularly. Not all moon missions were successful.

I don't think they forced the men to do it. If the opportunity had come up for me to be the first person on the moon I'd've jumped at the chance, risky or not.

So yeah, I hope you have more to your argument than that, and I would like to hear why you're so certain we didn't land on the moon.

EDIT: Incidentally, there were problems with certain systems on the Apollo 11 mission including navigation.

ReputationRep:
    Ok come on everybody - are all you Americans soooo gullible.

It was 1969 - they had a hard job powering a calculator and the computers were as big as a football pitch
    (I know I worked in one).

Remember - technology was as advanced as it is now - also

NASA says it would take at least 10 years to get another moon project together - WHY ?

They say they have been there once - but of course they havent.

The only place NASA have been is the backlot at Hollywood.

There are just so many holes in the story, and thats what it is a story - to impress the Russians - cold war ?

ReputationRep:
    WTF are people in tsr actually retarded!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donuticus)
    Considering how closely the Russians were watching the USA at that time do you not think at least one high ranking Russian official would have come out at the time and called it all into question?

Or is it all a cover up by the Zionist Freemasons?
    Nah the ancient mayans are the ones covering up the moonlanding hoax. The zionist free masons did 9/11 and killed diana, everyone knows this:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sswf224)
    Ok come on everybody - are all you Americans soooo gullible.

It was 1969 - they had a hard job powering a calculator and the computers were as big as a football pitch
    (I know I worked in one).
    We didn't get to the moon in a calculator...

Remember - technology was as advanced as it is now - also
    Assuming you mean 'wasn't', this is another example of the 'X<Y therefore X=0' fallacy.

NASA says it would take at least 10 years to get another moon project together - WHY ?
    I don't know the specific reasons, but some good possibilities seem to be:
    1) It isn't a priority, because we no longer have anybody to impress. This means there is much less funding, divided between more different projects.
    2) We'd have to design and build the spacecraft used to do it. Again, this would take longer than before given the low priority of this work.

They say they have been there once - but of course they havent.
    You seem to have an unhealthy familiarity with the 'I say X therefore X' fallacy.

The only place NASA have been is the backlot at Hollywood.
    A confusing statement. Where did they put the unfeasibly large vacuum chamber?

There are just so many holes in the story, and thats what it is a story - to impress the Russians - cold war ?
    If there are so many holes in the story, why has nobody managed to point them out yet?

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe ANYONE believes this tripe. It was a hoax, it is blindingly obvious and there is so much evidence to back it up.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.