Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I broke up with my girlfriend about three months ago because she lived on the other side of London from me. I really liked her. She was perfect for me because she was intelligent and also really good looking. However, she was also really inexperienced. After we had been going out for about three weeks she told me that I was the first boyfriend that she had ever had. I have nothing against girls who are inexperienced but it did put a lot of pressure on me as I felt as though I couldn't do much with her because I didn't want to force her into having sex or make her feel as though she had to have sex with me. At the same time I didn't want her to become to attached because I was the first person she had ever opened up to, of the opposite sex. Anyway I fingered her a few times and tried to get her to give me a handjob but she really didn't know what to do so it was really awkward.

So last weekend I was at a party and she was there. I had had a bit to drink and so I started to speak to her, telling her that I'd made the biggest mistake of my life by breaking up with her. I just wanted her to know that I did reaaly enjoy my time with her. This is when I realised that I was still in love with her. She told me that she didn't still have feelings for me but then asked to see me again but I said I couldn't because of all of the work. I think she still likes me and I am still in love with her. What should I do?!?!?!?!

ReputationRep:
    You didn't want her to come attached? Sounds like you don't love her as much as you say, especially as you threw in the towel just cause she lives on the other side on London. No one is born knowing what to do sexually, people learn....I wouldn't give you a second chance if you broke up with me for those reasons tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I This is when I realised that I was still in love with her. She told me that she didn't still have feelings for me but then asked to see me again but I said I couldn't because of all of the work. I think she still likes me and I am still in love with her. What should I do?!?!?!?!
    it seems you think you are in love with her
    BUT
    you cant be bothered to work at a relationship with her

as your 'love' is conditional, i'd say you arent truely in love with her. otherwise you wouldnt see teaching her stuff as 'work', would waould WANT to teach her.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.