Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Lads, if you had lots of money, would you visit the RLD, Amsterdam (lots)? watch

• View Poll Results: What should I do with my money?
    Male - Visit RLD (lots)
    16.00%
    Male - Visit RLD (once)
    18.00%
    Male - Throw money around *****es in the UK
    6.00%
    Male - Find a girlfriend
    48.00%
    Female - Visit RLD (lots)
    0%
    Female - Visit RLD (once)
    0%
    Female - Spend it on Gold Diggers like me
    0%
    Female - Find a loyal girlfriend who doesn't care about the money
    12.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DumpOrStay?)
    I think that's the point of it, no? :dontknow:
    I, personally, wouldn't be able to find it enjoyable - and having been to the red light district myself and having seen the pervasive misery, i struggle to see how enjoyable anyone could find it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by It could be lupus)
    Re-evaluate his life. Seriously, spending money on hookers is just pathetic. If you really want to get laid, just go out to a club and try talking and dancing with a few girls. It will be pretty much free as well...
    Why is that more or less pathetic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhoebeZeitgeist)
    Obviously? Lots of guys evidently don't care as these places stay open... I've only been to the RLD during the day and not to have sex with a prostitute, but I reckon it's not always that easy to tell which places are licensed etc...
    You need to go at night, if there was an unlicensed window the police would take it down. Please don't spout ignorance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    What because I don't need to see a hooker to get laid? Or because I openly laugh at your poor attempts at trolling?
    no, but your post's are kind of ignorant. around 15% -25% of men see a hooker at least once in their life and probably not because its the only way they can get laid. The hookers in amsterdam are probably less likely to have a disease then a girl who sleeps around alot unprotected and I'l be suprised if even one hooker in the whole of amsterdam is a grandma. I'm just saying if you're gonna call me a troll at least read your own posts once in a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hardballer)
    no, but your post's are kind of ignorant. around 15% -25% of men see a hooker at least once in their life and probably not because its the only way they can get laid. The hookers in amsterdam are probably less likely to have a disease then a girl who sleeps around alot unprotected and I'l be suprised if even one hooker in the whole of amsterdam is a grandma. I'm just saying if you're gonna call me a troll at least read your own posts once in a while.
    I'm not the one who has more neg reps than posts. That's some serious trollin'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    You need to go at night, if there was an unlicensed window the police would take it down. Please don't spout ignorance.
    Maybe not the women in the windows, because they're so easily visible and as you say it would be easy for the police to take down. In brothels however... Things like this are in the news here quite frequently, either people saying it's a problem or someone's been arrested for human (i.e. females) trafficking/forcing girls into prostitution. Even in a country where prostitution has been legalised to avoid things like this, it still happens.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    I'm not the one who has more neg reps than posts. That's some serious trollin'.
    Yes I get neg repped alot on my gun politics posts but thats because this country has a lot of cowards who are afraid to not rely on the state for their protection. Also they are uneducated and have probably never handled a firearm in their life but thats a different topic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hardballer)
    Yes I get neg repped alot on my gun politics posts but thats because this country has a lot of cowards who are afraid to not rely on the state for their protection. Also they are uneducated and have probably never handled a firearm in their life but thats a different topic.
    I just laugh at people using the neg rep ad hominem, it's both an ad hominem and argumentum ad populum, more people disagree with you therefore I'm right.
    When obviously that's a logical fallacy. A double logical fallacy no less.

The amount of people agreeing or disagreeing with you does not affect whether you are right or wrong. Your rep means jack all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefan1991)
    I just laugh at people using the neg rep ad hominem, it's both an ad hominem and argumentum ad populum, more people disagree with you therefore I'm right.
    When obviously that's a logical fallacy. A double logical fallacy no less.

The amount of people agreeing or disagreeing with you does not affect whether you are right or wrong. Your rep means jack all.
    I'm curious how its possible to make an ad hominem when the argument is personal, or how its possible that a debate about popular reputation could be sidetracked into an argumentum ad populum?

Perhaps you would be able to clarify these issues. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Prostitution is the oldest trade in the world (fact) but then again if i had tons of money id try to better my and the people around me lives

ReputationRep:
    If I was in Amsterdam with lots of money I would be spending it all on coffee...

and other things inside the coffee shops

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.