Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ,,,,)
    Hey guys, jan 11, am i right in saying that more or less quite a lot of section B was on managing systems (strategy/legislation/policies) so chances are they will not ask this ? I actually think, large scale organisation will come up..
    What could they ask about large scale organisations? I haven't really gone over that topic in much detail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ,,,,)
    Yeh, it's great
    i wish i new that 2 weeks ago i would have aimed to have gotten full marks on this instead of economics :/ x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niamhx)
    What are people revising for chapter 1 future developments?
    I've been looking at Mobile working alot, and the implications of technological advances (summary);

Social - people may need more skills, left behind and are disadvantaged when finding work etc

Ethical - ISP's storing people's address when they send an e-mail, breach of individual freedom? Also, people in third world countries may be at a educational disadvantage if they cannot afford the same ICT resources in schools or at home, they may not have access to the internet, which contains many educational resources

Technical - compatibility issues, new software may not be compatible with old

Economic - businesses having to pay for new hardware/software etc to keep up with competition, also training costs in order for the new hardware/software to be used effectively

Environmental - Mobile phones are rapidly changing and many are disposed in the incorrect manner worldwide. Also computers rapidly change and the rapid growth of web services can require more power and C02 emissions. Disposal of ICT equipment must be done correctly because of the components.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safwaansh)
    flatter structure means less managers therefore less computers which means less energy consumption.
    Ah great!! thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niamhx)
    What are people revising for chapter 1 future developments?
    Am revising from my book, which includes home sensors, access to internet connection while underground, digital paper, robotic funding, GPS, police activity, VOIP, RFID...it's completely random and nothing linked to the scenario but i don't know what else to do, i think am just going to stick with the book from now until the exam, what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-ami-x)
    Thanks for the link, I'll have a read now And that's good, would you need to know these facts? I know the main ones, and have looked into the ones mentioned in the pre-release material but not into as much detail as what you've written
    I don't know but I just copied that from the handbook haha, I'm just gonna try and learn some specific details but not go overboard =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l0livia)
    I don't know but I just copied that from the handbook haha, I'm just gonna try and learn some specific details but not go overboard =P
    Haha, that's good you scared me for a second there! And I'll do the same, is it just me or is this Unit really big, everytime I think I've covered a section I look back and find something new again :/ I'm going in circles...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ,,,,)
    Am revising from my book, which includes home sensors, access to internet connection while underground, digital paper, robotic funding, GPS, police activity, VOIP, RFID...it's completely random and nothing linked to the scenario but i don't know what else to do, i think am just going to stick with the book from now until the exam, what about you?
    I think I have a totally different book to you, mine's all about Brain-controlled computing, Supercomputers and Interplanetary internet :/

ReputationRep:
    Haha, that's good you scared me for a second there! And I'll do the same, is it just me or is this Unit really big, everytime I think I've covered a section I look back and find something new again :/ I'm going in circles...
    Yeah theres so much to learn! And I seriously have no idea whats gonna come up, although everyones saying large scale systems will but something on large scales came up in the Jan 2011 paper...it is a massive section though :/ I bet something to do with testing or installing large scale systems will come up

ReputationRep:
    I really hope the grade boundaries are low this year ^^

ReputationRep:
    Yeah theres so much to learn! And I seriously have no idea whats gonna come up, although everyones saying large scale systems will but something on large scales came up in the Jan 2011 paper...it is a massive section though :/ I bet something to do with testing or installing large scale systems will come up
    It really is! I thought that maybe testing or systems would could come up in a small question? Because they had those big ones in the past papers, and maybe some middle length ones on backup and information? But this Unit is so hard to guess for..:/

ReputationRep:
    Guys, what do you reckon the chances of coursework being marked down drastically? (like a grade or more)

I did really badly in the first Info3 exam and got an E but managed to get a B on my coursework, which evens out at a C. I need a C for uni! So if I don't do any better on this exam, should it be alright? I've been revising like hell anyway. Please answer guys

ReputationRep:
    It really is! I thought that maybe testing or systems would could come up in a small question? Because they had those big ones in the past papers, and maybe some middle length ones on backup and information? But this Unit is so hard to guess for..:/
    I hope backup doesnt come up haha, but yeah really can't guess, tried guessing for my geography exam other week and nothing i guessed came up and AQA put an exact same question in as last year! They are sneaky little sh*tes!

ReputationRep:
    I hope backup doesnt come up haha, but yeah really can't guess, tried guessing for my geography exam other week and nothing i guessed came up and AQA put an exact same question in as last year! They are sneaky little sh*tes!
    I really really hope they don't do that! I hate Policies & Legisation But if it's like june 2010 I'll be happy, I think the essay was on when are the Client and User included in the development life cycle which I think is a nice question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackSmith1993)
    Guys, what do you reckon the chances of coursework being marked down drastically? (like a grade or more)

I did really badly in the first Info3 exam and got an E but managed to get a B on my coursework, which evens out at a C. I need a C for uni! So if I don't do any better on this exam, should it be alright? I've been revising like hell anyway. Please answer guys
    Hi I think they can defintely change, because that's why my teacher doesn't tell any of us what we got But I'm sure it can't change that much, is your C quite high? Then it might level out, and I'm sure the revision will pay off

ReputationRep:
    I really really hope they don't do that! I hate Policies & Legisation But if it's like june 2010 I'll be happy, I think the essay was on when are the Client and User included in the development life cycle which I think is a nice question
    I hate policies and legislation too! And yeah thats an alright question

ReputationRep:
    Hi I think they can defintely change, because that's why my teacher doesn't tell any of us what we got But I'm sure it can't change that much, is your C quite high? Then it might level out, and I'm sure the revision will pay off
    Hi! Yes as far as I know the C is quite a strong one. And I only need to boost points up a little bit in this exam to make it more secure I suppose. I just don't get what they look for in these exams cos I thought I'd done well first time! Revised more this time though, done methodologies, legislation, training, support, future developments, teleworking essay plans, all sorts haha. Thanks for the reply

ReputationRep:
    im stresseddd... i havent studiedd.. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackSmith1993)
    Hi! Yes as far as I know the C is quite a strong one. And I only need to boost points up a little bit in this exam to make it more secure I suppose. I just don't get what they look for in these exams cos I thought I'd done well first time! Revised more this time though, done methodologies, legislation, training, support, future developments, teleworking essay plans, all sorts haha. Thanks for the reply
    That's good And I know what you mean! I really hope Teleworking comes up I've revised it so much!

ReputationRep:
    hi guys

could someone please explain to me what each article is saying ... im really confused about it

the second article is alot more understandable than the first one but im still really baffed X_x

thankyou

and goodluck !

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 26, 2012

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.