The Student Room Group

AQA ICT Info 3 Pre Release June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Original post by MadCatChiken
I thought the paper was fine lol, its soo easy talking about saving costs and energy what not.. (

Yeah section A was "ok" for a section A, but could have been better..mostly focused on stuff from the book really, but I'm more angry about section B haha

I thought the paper was fine lol, its soo easy talking about saving costs and energy what not.. Anyway my ICT teacher is doing marking for these papers and said he'll e-mail me the mark scheme tomorrow (has to be after 24hrs of the exam) so I'll upload and post it here. As for those thinking it was hard, tbh I think all the AQA papers this year have been really hard this year especially the AQA maths papers they were a bitch, AQA have upped their game.. :frown:

that would be great thanks
Original post by l0livia
Yeah section A was "ok" for a section A, but could have been better..mostly focused on stuff from the book really, but I'm more angry about section B haha

The question about the printers I wasn't sure about, i decided to draw a picture of a printer with teeth and wrote printer of doom next to it..I still think I made some valid points though, question 7 I wrote a load of stuff about different types of changeovers for implementing systems then realised it was asking about support for the implemented system so I quickly wrote about training.. xD But the 15 mark on the school saving money and energy was a nice question and the 15 mark about testing was alright I think.
Original post by x-ami-x
Hahaha, I saw the teleworking bit and was like, you're kidding me! Anyone have no idea what Purging is too? I ranted about saving space or something..

That's what i wrote, reducing the amount of space or something lke that
Original post by Ooo'Yeah
Was there a question on user support? Or am I totally making that up? I'm worried I've missed out a question now haha :tongue:

I was thinking about this question just now lol, it said support and not training right :s i just wrote various methods of supports :s
Reply 565
Original post by x-ami-x
70 to get an A?! Lucky! I don't even know how much I needed because my teacher won't tell me what I got in my coursework! :frown: And I seem to be the only one who didn't go into the details of testing..*sigh*

I didn't finish on time either, so my answer the Purging and the software packages one were half done :frown:

Was this your first take?

yh it was, everyone who took it in my year found it tricky and i dont think many people finished it

Original post by ,,,,
I was thinking about this question just now lol, it said support and not training right :s i just wrote various methods of supports :s

training would still be relevant though as it aids the support process, you will get the marks i asked my teacher :smile:
I thought the paper was fine lol, its soo easy talking about saving costs and energy what not.. Anyway my ICT teacher is doing marking for these papers and said he'll e-mail me the mark scheme tomorrow (has to be after 24hrs of the exam) so I'll upload and post it here. As for those thinking it was hard, tbh I think all the AQA papers this year have been really hard this year especially the AQA maths papers they were a bitch, AQA have upped their game.. :frown:

That would be great if you could upload the Mark scheme. I really want to know what the earth AQA are expecting from some of these questions!
Original post by tt123
yh it was, everyone who took it in my year found it tricky and i dont think many people finished it

Definitely not enough time, *sigh* none of my exams have been good
Original post by gchaggar75
training would still be relevant though as it aids the support process, you will get the marks i asked my teacher :smile:

Ahh sweet :biggrin:
Original post by ,,,,

I thought it was about factors to consider when choosing support? :s-smilie: Ahh I hated this paper!
Original post by safwaansh
That would be great if you could upload the Mark scheme. I really want to know what the earth AQA are expecting from some of these questions!

Yeah i want to try get an idea how well I did, hopefully my teacher wont forget he can be a bit useless sometimes haha.. xD
Original post by Ooo'Yeah
I thought it was about factors to consider when choosing support? :s-smilie: Ahh I hated this paper!

Oh yeh that LOL, what did you talk about ? Paper was hard and those who said that it wasn't hard, are evidently lying lol :tongue:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ,,,,
Oh yeh that LOL, what did you talk about ? Paper was hard and those who said that it wasn't hard, are evidently lying lol :tongue:

I was a bit like **** as I didn't really know what to put, so I wrote stuff like how many people need support, costs, what the support will include, security factors if external companies are providing support. I hope that's right though coz loads of people on here have been talking about the different methods of support :s-smilie:
Reply 574
Well look at the positives, for thos who struggled (including me for part B!!!) - in January 63 marks out of 100 was grade A and in June 69 was grade A, both which are ridiculously low. Therefore as most people are saying this year was harder, the grade boundaries this year SHOULD be lower, so long as the whole country found this paper hard... Best thing to do is put it behind you, it's over and good luck on results day ! :smile:
Original post by Kaskade
Well look at the positives, for thos who struggled (including me for part B!!!) - in January 63 marks out of 100 was grade A and in June 69 was grade A, both which are ridiculously low. Therefore as most people are saying this year was harder, the grade boundaries this year SHOULD be lower, so long as the whole country found this paper hard... Best thing to do is put it behind you, it's over and good luck on results day ! :smile:

Yeh, good luck everyone hope we all get into uni :biggrin: (Don't know about your parents, but my dad is going to f****** kill me if i don't get in)
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Kaskade

Original post by Kaskade

Original post by Kaskade

so u found this hard in Jan as-well and still got an A?? I found it rather challenging too, and need just a B in this paper. Do u think I have got it, i mean didn't miss any q's just found it difficult? ?
Original post by Kaskade

74 for an A for Jan11 paper. Apparently the grade boundaries are only based off the first batch of papers that get marked, because I was talking to my teacher and he saids they're given the grade boundaries a few days after the exam, so you just gotta hope the first batch of papers are ones with rubbish marks. xD I asked him if he gets my paper to give me bonus marks but he said he wont be marking anyone from the south east... :frown:

I need 91 UMS for a B that depends if my coursework doesn't get marked down.. So a high B or low A in the paper and I'm good. :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 578
74 for an A for Jan11 paper. Apparently the grade boundaries are only based off the first batch of papers that get marked, because I was talking to my teacher and he saids they're given the grade boundaries a few days after the exam, so you just gotta hope the first batch of papers are ones with rubbish marks. xD I asked him if he gets my paper to give me bonus marks but he said he wont be marking anyone from the south east... :frown:

I need 91 UMS for a B that depends if my coursework doesn't get marked down.. So a high B or low A in the paper and I'm good. :smile:

Oh God, are you serious...? That is ridiculously lame :frown: they should show that on AQA, surely AQA qwould state that!! x(
Reply 579
Original post by gchaggar75
so u found this hard in Jan as-well and still got an A?? I found it rather challenging too, and need just a B in this paper. Do u think I have got it, i mean didn't miss any q's just found it difficult? ?

Nooo, I just looked up the grade boundaries, never done it before :smile: I found it challenging but do-able, definitely a couple of Q's I was shakey on... I can't say if you have got it tbh, just good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending