Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chalks1)
    January Section B was most definatly easier than June Section B!! I thought it was a really hard paper I must say! :/
    Totally agree, january was piss easy compared to this...and looking back at past papers I think AQA totally took the f*cking piss with this paper, jan 2010 and june 2010 were actually sooo easy compared to this one!

Also...really tempted to email AQA and basically have a go, haha, anyone in? (;

ReputationRep:
    I thought the paper was fine lol, its soo easy talking about saving costs and energy what not.. Anyway my ICT teacher is doing marking for these papers and said he'll e-mail me the mark scheme tomorrow (has to be after 24hrs of the exam) so I'll upload and post it here. As for those thinking it was hard, tbh I think all the AQA papers this year have been really hard this year especially the AQA maths papers they were a *****, AQA have upped their game..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tt123)
    yoooooo, that paper was next level, testing one i wrote about test harnesses, volume testing, performance testing etc how large organisation systems have to be thoroughly tested etc, how the fizzle r u expected to answer such stupidly worded questions, aqa examiner reports 'students fail to answer the question', well write questions which require your knowledge of the spec not questions that are vague as ****, time management issues per usual didn't get to fully answer the last question, too many long questions and the bulk printing question WTFFFFF, hopefully ive got 70 ums to get my A overall, trust me this paper will have low grade boundaries
    I also did the same for testing. I found the paper so hard. I revised so much but don't see the point after that! I'm worried about even getting a grade D to get my B overall!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needssomehelpplease)
    I'm in! I wanna know why they gave questions that were soo flipping vague that I didn't have a clue what i was doing! AQA and other exam boards are taking the piss now! It's ridiculous
    I can't even find a right email address to e-mail thats how sneaky AQA is! ARGH I hate them, they take the piss so much! This exam has angered me more than any other exam ever, HAHA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MadCatChiken)
    I thought the paper was fine lol, its soo easy talking about saving costs and energy what not.. (
    Yeah section A was "ok" for a section A, but could have been better..mostly focused on stuff from the book really, but I'm more angry about section B haha

ReputationRep:
    I thought the paper was fine lol, its soo easy talking about saving costs and energy what not.. Anyway my ICT teacher is doing marking for these papers and said he'll e-mail me the mark scheme tomorrow (has to be after 24hrs of the exam) so I'll upload and post it here. As for those thinking it was hard, tbh I think all the AQA papers this year have been really hard this year especially the AQA maths papers they were a *****, AQA have upped their game..
    that would be great thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l0livia)
    Yeah section A was "ok" for a section A, but could have been better..mostly focused on stuff from the book really, but I'm more angry about section B haha
    The question about the printers I wasn't sure about, i decided to draw a picture of a printer with teeth and wrote printer of doom next to it..I still think I made some valid points though, question 7 I wrote a load of stuff about different types of changeovers for implementing systems then realised it was asking about support for the implemented system so I quickly wrote about training.. xD But the 15 mark on the school saving money and energy was a nice question and the 15 mark about testing was alright I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-ami-x)
    Hahaha, I saw the teleworking bit and was like, you're kidding me! Anyone have no idea what Purging is too? I ranted about saving space or something..
    That's what i wrote, reducing the amount of space or something lke that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ooo'Yeah)
    Was there a question on user support? Or am I totally making that up? I'm worried I've missed out a question now haha
    I was thinking about this question just now lol, it said support and not training right :s i just wrote various methods of supports :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x-ami-x)
    70 to get an A?! Lucky! I don't even know how much I needed because my teacher won't tell me what I got in my coursework! And I seem to be the only one who didn't go into the details of testing..*sigh*

I didn't finish on time either, so my answer the Purging and the software packages one were half done

Was this your first take?
    yh it was, everyone who took it in my year found it tricky and i dont think many people finished it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ,,,,)
    I was thinking about this question just now lol, it said support and not training right :s i just wrote various methods of supports :s
    training would still be relevant though as it aids the support process, you will get the marks i asked my teacher

ReputationRep:
    That would be great if you could upload the Mark scheme. I really want to know what the earth AQA are expecting from some of these questions!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tt123)
    yh it was, everyone who took it in my year found it tricky and i dont think many people finished it
    Definitely not enough time, *sigh* none of my exams have been good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gchaggar75)
    training would still be relevant though as it aids the support process, you will get the marks i asked my teacher
    Ahh sweet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ,,,,)
    I thought it was about factors to consider when choosing support? Ahh I hated this paper!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by safwaansh)
    That would be great if you could upload the Mark scheme. I really want to know what the earth AQA are expecting from some of these questions!
    Yeah i want to try get an idea how well I did, hopefully my teacher wont forget he can be a bit useless sometimes haha.. xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ooo'Yeah)
    I thought it was about factors to consider when choosing support? Ahh I hated this paper!
    Oh yeh that LOL, what did you talk about ? Paper was hard and those who said that it wasn't hard, are evidently lying lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ,,,,)
    Oh yeh that LOL, what did you talk about ? Paper was hard and those who said that it wasn't hard, are evidently lying lol
    I was a bit like **** as I didn't really know what to put, so I wrote stuff like how many people need support, costs, what the support will include, security factors if external companies are providing support. I hope that's right though coz loads of people on here have been talking about the different methods of support

ReputationRep:
    Well look at the positives, for thos who struggled (including me for part B!!!) - in January 63 marks out of 100 was grade A and in June 69 was grade A, both which are ridiculously low. Therefore as most people are saying this year was harder, the grade boundaries this year SHOULD be lower, so long as the whole country found this paper hard... Best thing to do is put it behind you, it's over and good luck on results day !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaskade)
    Well look at the positives, for thos who struggled (including me for part B!!!) - in January 63 marks out of 100 was grade A and in June 69 was grade A, both which are ridiculously low. Therefore as most people are saying this year was harder, the grade boundaries this year SHOULD be lower, so long as the whole country found this paper hard... Best thing to do is put it behind you, it's over and good luck on results day !
    Yeh, good luck everyone hope we all get into uni (Don't know about your parents, but my dad is going to f****** kill me if i don't get in)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 26, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.