Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ha, AQA are such nobs...this is their reply to my complaint e-mail:

Dear Olivia,
    Thank you for your e-mail about the recent A-Level ICT INFO3 examination.
    Unfortunately it is not possible to provide responses to queries from candidates so please refer any issues you may have to your ICT teacher at your school/college. If your teacher considers it appropriate to raise the issue with AQA then please ask the teacher to contact us directly.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

AQA ICT Subject Team
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hey guys,

I've been asked by AQA to pass on that any mark scheme being circulated with regards to this exam is confidential and should not be posted on the forums.
    I don't believe said mark scheme should have been distributed by anyone that had access to it, and those that have were in breach of AQA instruction.

So please don't post up the mark scheme!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l0livia)

Dear Olivia,
    Unfortunately it is not possible to provide responses to queries from candidates so please refer any issues you may have to your ICT teacher at your school/college. If your teacher considers it appropriate to raise the issue with AQA then please ask the teacher to contact us directly.

Regards

AQA ICT Subject Team
    i'll just pretend i'm a teacher then!
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by LadyElectra)
    Whyyy has the marking scheme beeen removed????????? could someone please repost it?? i really need to take a look at it... i wrote a whole load of bulls**t in the exam
    Please, read my post above. As I understand it the mark scheme was not meant to have been distributed, and those that have broke an agreement with AQA that it remains confidential.

If people keep requesting it despite me asking otherwise we may have to lock the thread. So please don't!

ReputationRep:
    How many marks would I loose if, lets say on one question the first thing (like the definition) I wrote is wrong, but further on there are valid points... Would the examiner read the whole answer, or skip it because the first point is wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l0livia)

Dear Olivia,

Regards

AQA ICT Subject Team
    I got the same E-Mail reply, but obviously without your name on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skylinefx)
    How many marks would I loose if, lets say on one question the first thing (like the definition) I wrote is wrong, but further on there are valid points... Would the examiner read the whole answer, or skip it because the first point is wrong?
    i did the exact same thing with the purging question too. would like to know this as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ResultsDday)
    i did the exact same thing with the purging question too. would like to know this as well.
    I think they would read the whole answer because it was 4 marks, and the other points you have written may be right...i did this for server virtualisation because i didn't know what the definition was but hopefully they should read the rest of the answer because valid points may have been made

ReputationRep:
    Check out my site for www.a2icthelp.co.uk for revision help info 1/2/3/4

ReputationRep:
    ALSO include power point presentations which i created for every topic
    also has samples of coursework which may be of interest to you
    Thanks check it out let me know what you think

ReputationRep:
    ALSO include power point presentations which i created for every topic
    also has samples of coursework which may be of interest to you
    Thanks check it out let me know what you think

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have the question paper /mark scheme for this exam?

ReputationRep:
    Gordon Brown, former British Prime Minister, in January 2009, said:
    “Our digital networks will be the backbone of our economy in the decades
    ahead, just as roads and rails were the backbone of our physical
    infrastructure, and still are. And we know that every aspect of our lives in local
    communities, every school, every hospital, every workplace and even every
    home will be dependent on the services that the digital network provides.”

Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with this statement. Use relevant examples
    to support your argument.

Can anyone please help me on how to do this question??

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.