Turn on thread page Beta

Not being able to shift a label watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently in Year 13 and people STILL label me with the quiet card. I've changed dramatically over the last year or so and although I used to be really quiet and pretty shy, I'm now really talkative in most situations and my confidence is the highest it's ever been.

Yet on my report it still says things like '...is a quiet, reserved member of the class' and if a teacher makes a comment about the quiet people or whatever, I still seem to be judged as that? I went on a trip yesterday and did nothing but talk and have a laugh with the others and the teacher on the minibus, yet the teacher still made a comment about me and another girl being the quiet ones! It's like this label is just attached to me. I swear I would literally have to stand on the table during class and strip whilst screaming songs to even begin to not be seen as 'quiet'.

This is another reason why I can't wait for uni, because I can finally get rid of this annoying label and people can actually see me for who I am.

Does anyone else have this problem? Not necessarily with a 'quiet' label, but with anything?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonperson)
    I'm currently in Year 13 and people STILL label me with the quiet card. I've changed dramatically over the last year or so and although I used to be really quiet and pretty shy, I'm now really talkative in most situations and my confidence is the highest it's ever been.

Yet on my report it still says things like '...is a quiet, reserved member of the class' and if a teacher makes a comment about the quiet people or whatever, I still seem to be judged as that? I went on a trip yesterday and did nothing but talk and have a laugh with the others and the teacher on the minibus, yet the teacher still made a comment about me and another girl being the quiet ones! It's like this label is just attached to me. I swear I would literally have to stand on the table during class and strip whilst screaming songs to even begin to not be seen as 'quiet'.

This is another reason why I can't wait for uni, because I can finally get rid of this annoying label and people can actually see me for who I am.

Does anyone else have this problem? Not necessarily with a 'quiet' label, but with anything?
    to be honest even if you were quiet i wouldnt let it bother you wat people may say about it, as they say "better to be quiet and thought a fool than be loud and proved a fool" cut yourself some slack

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emeritus2011)
    to be honest even if you were quiet i wouldnt let it bother you wat people may say about it, as they say "better to be quiet and thought a fool than be loud and proved a fool" cut yourself some slack
    This.

If it bothers you that much, then maybe don't act as quiet? Then you won't get labelled like that. But just don't go into gobby overload and think before you speak, no one likes someone who constantly goes on or says stupid stuff

ReputationRep:
    I can't shift the label of being the kid who once misspelt label as lable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilberforce)
    I can't shift the label of being the kid who once misspelt label as lable.
    Well i couldnt pronounce spaghetti too well either lol the "p" seemed to come before the "s" for some reason

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.