Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have had offers for the above, at Nottingham. along with Leicester, Wolverhampton & Derby, and being a mature student with home and family committments, I need to know how many days per week the course will involve.

I know it will be approx 25 hours, and I should be available 9-6 5 days a week etc etc , but I could do with making work and childcare arrangements before the first week of term! Leicester have been really unhelpful, so wondered if anyone has already started the course at notts, or any of the others?

Thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    With extra reading, practical write-ups and revision it may easily add-up to full-time hours. In fact, when I went to Cardiff's Open Day, the bioscience department gave a breakdown of how many hours would be spent doing different things (lectures, labs, personal study, etc.) and it added up to a full working week essentially.

I would plan (at least initially) on the assumption that you'll be doing uni stuff 9-5 Mon-Fri - then any time during those hours you're not in lectures/labs can be spent on extra reading and write-ups.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Lauras

I am starting biology at Derby University this September and went to the open day yesterday. We were told that although we'll only be at university for 2 days a week, we're expected to put in independant study during the time we're not at uni that should equate to 40 hours a week. Hope this helps! Jo x

ReputationRep:
    On one open day I went to (I'm doing Biology too) we were told we would have 2 lectures a week and would be in the labs once every 2 weeks. We were also told we were expected to do a lot of independant study too although they didn't mention how much.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.