Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My boyfriend loves me and i do know that and I love him too. Been together for ages and we live about 3 hours away from each other.

But then theres this part of me when he doesn't reply to my texts or messages that tells me he must hate me, because, obviously when im sad or stressed i cant pop round the corner and see him and its just getting worse to the point weve just had a massive fight about it and i really hate myself right now. To him, I'm starting an argument for no good reason because he's usually busy when i try to talk to him and he doesn't like texting, but to me, i feel like he's purposely choosing not to reply to me, so then i don't text him and we won't talk for like a day but then i feel like even after that it's still me starting all the conversation! (which, even though i sound like a crazy stalker right now, really isn't that often)

To be honest, its not even just with him, I seem to convince myself that a lot of people must hate me (i have no reasoning behind this theres something just telling me they do) and its really getting me down. I'm living in a bit of a crap house this year so i don't spend a lot of time here so i feel like i'm imposing on all my friends when i go to their houses and I keep telling myself they're fed up of me and they dont want to see me, so i just draw back into my shell again

I feel so depressed right now I dont know who to talk to, hence the thread... Has anyone had anything like this before? I don't know what's wrong with me! I'm ruining my relationship and i don't know how to stop myself!

Well done if you get this far, sorry its so long and any replies would be really appreciated

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you are insecure because of some past experience? Learn to let go and don't put so much pressure on yourself for people to like you. If you like yourself within, it won't matter. Concentrate on developing yourself, then the rest will follow.

ReputationRep:
    I know exactly how you feel.

The best thing that somebody ever told me was this:

'Everybody likes you. You're just paranoid.'

Its true as well. No matter what you think they're feeling, 99% of the time its your brain tricking you into being worried for no reason.

Your boyfriend, as you said yourself, loves you. Its normal for some guys to not like texting, my ex was the same, i'd be lucky to get a text a day or a phone call a fortnight. It gets you down but there's not much you can do about it if you've addressed the problem and they won't change.

You just have to accept that that is what they are like, but that it doesn't change their feelings for you.

Some blokes just aren't as good at expressing what they're feeling as girls would like them to be, its not their fault, its just not built into their wiring!

I doubt very much that your friends are fed up of you Friends are there for the good times and the bad, they are there to support you.

Chin up chuck, and remember, it could be worse :hug:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, you're paranoid. Honestly, don't worry about it!

I don't carry my phone most of the time so when the boyfriend calls, I'm not around to pick it up. Initially he thought that I was ignoring him which is understandable but then he realized that I'm just not constantly attached to my phone. Sometimes I'll leave it in my room or it'll be on silent so I won't hear it, that's probably the case with him as well.

ReputationRep:
    Could be trust issues

(Original post by mother_eve3088)

The best thing that somebody ever told me was this:

'Everybody likes you. You're just paranoid.'

Its true as well. No matter what you think they're feeling, 99% of the time its your brain tricking you into being worried for no reason.

Your boyfriend, as you said yourself, loves you. Its normal for some guys to not like texting, my ex was the same, i'd be lucky to get a text a day or a phone call a fortnight. It gets you down but there's not much you can do about it if you've addressed the problem and they won't change.

You just have to accept that that is what they are like, but that it doesn't change their feelings for you.

Some blokes just aren't as good at expressing what they're feeling as girls would like them to be, its not their fault, its just not built into their wiring!

I doubt very much that your friends are fed up of you Friends are there for the good times and the bad, they are there to support you.

Chin up chuck, and remember, it could be worse :hug:
    Thankss I hope they're not fed up of me its really good to hear that people do think im going crazy (id rather be going crazy than everyone hate me!) I've even gone as far as to think my mum and sister dont like me before... its really weird... it seems really petty and people probably think i'm being a wuss but its really affecting my self esteem.

Someone else made the comment of something else in my past affecting me and i think they've hit the nail on the head there! I just don't know what to do about it or what i can do!

(Original post by mother_eve3088)
    Also i have no idea who negged you but i tried to balance it out and rep you but apparently i need to rate some other members first haha!

ReputationRep:
    You sound like my double, i'm the same and i hate myself for it. I don't want to push my bf away, but sometimes i push him away to see if he pulls me closer, :/ pm if you want hun

ReputationRep:
    You don't look paranoid right now.

And I can see you through your window.

(Original post by Gemma16)
    You sound like my double, i'm the same and i hate myself for it. I don't want to push my bf away, but sometimes i push him away to see if he pulls me closer, :/ pm if you want hun
    I just feel so bad I'm not even doing it consciously and honestly if i were him id have dumped me by now lol... I dont know i guess I want him to want to talk to me more but in doing that i'm making him want to talk to me less. He was so angry earlier and i could have cried

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I just feel so bad I'm not even doing it consciously and honestly if i were him id have dumped me by now lol... I dont know i guess I want him to want to talk to me more but in doing that i'm making him want to talk to me less. He was so angry earlier and i could have cried
    my boyfriend is same, he hasnt even got in touch at all today.

(Original post by Gemma16)
    my boyfriend is same, he hasnt even got in touch at all today.
    :eek: id be freaking out! def talk to him if you don't like it... I just spoke to my BF and i apologised for basically being crazy and he apologised for shouting at me still doesn't quite solve why i've convinced myself everyone hates me but its a step in the right direction!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Also i have no idea who negged you but i tried to balance it out and rep you but apparently i need to rate some other members first haha!
    Haha I should imagine it was probably someone who didn't like the fact I said that you can't change a person to MAKE them contact you more.

I don't mind anyway, I'm not here for a popularity contest, but thank you for the pos rep. Sweet thought

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2011
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.