Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Recently I've been excluded for 2 days from my school over some stupid comments on facebook which, to be honest, was hardly my fault but none the less I'm in trouble for it. All I'm wondering is, is this going to affect my chance of becoming a teacher at all? I know it might be a black mark on my record but is it going to be a big set back or can it be over looked with the right work experience and work etc? Will it hold me back at all?

Thanks, just a minor concern really but I just want to put my mind at ease really tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not unless the training providers has concerns over your school reference. I would point out though that you need to learn fast that what you write on facebook is viewable by anyone and almost all employers and training providers check facebook both before offering positions and whilst you are working.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sam.hunton)
    Probably not unless the training providers has concerns over your school reference. I would point out though that you need to learn fast that what you write on facebook is viewable by anyone and almost all employers and training providers check facebook both before offering positions and whilst you are working.
    Well I'm just glad it's not going to really set me back too much but it's definitely taught me the hard way about stuff that gets on facebook. I was a bit careless with the comments I made but I guess I've learnt not to be such a tool sometimes. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xhotas)
    Recently I've been excluded for 2 days from my school over some stupid comments on facebook which, to be honest, was hardly my fault but none the less I'm in trouble for it. All I'm wondering is, is this going to affect my chance of becoming a teacher at all? I know it might be a black mark on my record but is it going to be a big set back or can it be over looked with the right work experience and work etc? Will it hold me back at all?

Thanks, just a minor concern really but I just want to put my mind at ease really tbh.
    Very unlikely unless your referee screams in writing that you did it and shouldn't be teaching for it....in which case I doubt they'd write your reference

But no, don't worry about it I've done worse things [including getting in trouble over facebook things] and I had no problem applying and getting offers It's all about learning from our mistakes, we're still in a learning process and some people do make silly mistakes - just don't make them again! xx

ReputationRep:
    Hell no, I was a little brat all through school and I got on a PGCE.

When we did our interviews one question for the 4 of us applicants was were you bad in school, and I said that I was, that I used to talk back and never do homework and always get told off for my appearance (makeup, looking scruffy, so on) and that I thought it would help in the classroom because I can empathise with kids who play up and I also know what to look out for them doing when I'm trying to teach a lesson.

So yeah, don't worry about it. Bluff your way out

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.