Turn on thread page Beta

help with NHS funding and uni decisions watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I want to be a children’s nurse but university places are even more competitive this year. As a result I am thinking about getting some experience by working as a HCA (I don’t know whether I’m going to do the NVQ as an apprenticeship or go straight into it yet) and then re-applying next year. If I did this would I still be entitled to the NHS bursary and for the NHS to pay tuition fees as I would have already been working for the NHS??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KirstyJane)
    I want to be a children’s nurse but university places are even more competitive this year. As a result I am thinking about getting some experience by working as a HCA (I don’t know whether I’m going to do the NVQ as an apprenticeship or go straight into it yet) and then re-applying next year. If I did this would I still be entitled to the NHS bursary and for the NHS to pay tuition fees as I would have already been working for the NHS??
    If you take a gap year, it is uncertain whether the NHS will be able to fund future courses, due to government cuts.

It doesn't make a difference if you work for the NHS.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.