Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A level Geography - Unit 3 Pre-release topic Watch

• View Poll Results: What topic is the synoptic part of the paper going to be on?
    Energy security
    4.92%
    Water conflicts
    8.20%
    Biodiversity
    1.64%
    Superpowers
    4.92%
    Development
    55.74%
    The technological fix
    24.59%

• PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Louzilla)
    Nope, that sounds like you nailed it. I would have said something similar tbh although it was a dodgy question! World Systems theory is core periphery, Western Europe, USA/Cananda & Australia are core, BRIC's & OPECS - Semi-periphery and the rest (Mainly Africa xD) Periphery

Sounds like a good plan.
    Yeah, can you give me any tips on the introduction? My teacher showed us the breakdown of the 70 marks but the intro is the worst bit for me. Damn psychology has made everything concise and I need to waffle!
    It's a nightmare tbh, I've got geo in the morning and a psych re-take in the afternoon and I've barely revised for either so I think tonight I'm just going to cram both and not procrastinate.
    I don't know if anyone got this but I scanned it anyway so everybody could use. It's a bit late I know but ... every little helps!

My scanner is a bit rubbish. It doenst work well so it only scanned the first part of the page, including the Introduction that you want.

I use this table as the guidlines when writing report for unit 4.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kebabmonk)
    Not quite sure where this estimate has come from...

Jan 11- A=66/90, B=59/90
    June 10- A= 63/90, B= 57/90.

So it should be around 72% for an A, and 64% for a B (average of the last two papers).
    I asked him today, apparently its more accurate than i thought, something to do with ums marks, i didnt really understand but apparently its pretty accurate..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Courage Wolf)
    sounds good, i did three rivers as well. but i feel like i should done something other than a rivers:confused:
    I did the one tansboundary aquifer I know - the nubian sandstone aquifer. and I chucked in a bit about virtual water, but that might not be right,
    Annoyed because the topic of that question wasn't in the spec of text books

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rylime)
    e.g. Water scarcity (as a result of desertification, over-extraction of sources etc) will mean less crop production and as a result there will be food shortages/ loss of income from exports. Ecological wellbeing: loss of biodiversity in the region, species, trees etc - become unattractive.

Ahh, why couldn't I have included things like that in the actual exam?!
    argh I took environmental change to mean climate change

ReputationRep:
    Nope, that sounds like you nailed it. I would have said something similar tbh although it was a dodgy question! World Systems theory is core periphery, Western Europe, USA/Cananda & Australia are core, BRIC's & OPECS - Semi-periphery and the rest (Mainly Africa xD) Periphery

Sounds like a good plan.
    Yeah, can you give me any tips on the introduction? My teacher showed us the breakdown of the 70 marks but the intro is the worst bit for me. Damn psychology has made everything concise and I need to waffle!
    It's a nightmare tbh, I've got geo in the morning and a psych re-take in the afternoon and I've barely revised for either so I think tonight I'm just going to cram both and not procrastinate.
    Same situation....tectonics retake unit 4 in the morning and psych retake unit 3 in the afternoon...not good! Especially when we are off college from 2 weeks (finished) and the teachers have left us hanging!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by street.lovin')
    I don't know if anyone got this but I scanned it anyway so everybody could use. It's a bit late I know but ... every little helps!

My scanner is a bit rubbish. It doenst work well so it only scanned the first part of the page, including the Introduction that you want.

I use this table as the guidlines when writing report for unit 4.
    Ah that's great, thanks!
    Good luck for tomorrow!!

(Original post by TheRockMaster)
    Same situation....tectonics retake unit 4 in the morning and psych retake unit 3 in the afternoon...not good! Especially when we are off college from 2 weeks (finished) and the teachers have left us hanging!
    Which exam are you going to be stronger on do you reckon? Which psych topics have you got for unit 3?

ReputationRep:
    Ah that's great, thanks!
    Good luck for tomorrow!!

Which exam are you going to be stronger on do you reckon? Which psych topics have you got for unit 3?
    Def Geography but if i get the right questions for psych then I guess I can get a good grade

Psych- relationships, bio rhythms, eating behaviour
    You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRockMaster)
    Def Geography but if i get the right questions for psych then I guess I can get a good grade

Psych- relationships, bio rhythms, eating behaviour
    You?
    Neither! Ahhh, good job we have the few hours between exams for psych.
    Agg, relationships and eating behaviour. I've been known to make up many studies in psychology so I will just carry on that BS if an awful question comes up.
    For unit 4 i'm seriously panicing, I've been learnng processes because that's my weakspot in tectonics but now i'm worrying about how many case studies and which ones!!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by copito1993)
    Thank you so much! will make sure! its on friday so I will go over the mark scheme tomorrow Good luck with the rest of your exams!
    good :yy:

and thank you! I have exams pretty much EVERYDAY from next week =\

good luck with geo unit 4, its a piece of cake

so im assuming it didn't go well then?...

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the pre release for unit 3 Jan 2012 will be released? Resitting the exam externally and REALLY dont wanna risk getting it too late!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Slanham)
    Does anyone know when the pre release for unit 3 Jan 2012 will be released? Resitting the exam externally and REALLY dont wanna risk getting it too late!
    You should be given the pre release material about a month before the exam. I am not sure, I can hardly remember.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.