Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Manchester, Leeds or Newcastle university? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi,
    i am going to uni this september and i have the choice of Manchester, Leeds or Newcaslte and i'm finding it very hard to distinguish between them. As far as course goes i like them all about the same so thats not much of an issue. What i am after is advice/your experience of the cities. My preconceptions are that Manchester will have the most going on as its the biggest and is great for music, leeds is about the same but more geared up for students, and newcastle is also just as good, worse music but alot cheaper so i could go out more. Any advice or experience u've had of these cities would be much appreciated

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    i'm doing straight Politics so if anyone has experience of that at these uni's that would be great

ReputationRep:
    i'm also in exactly the same position, i'm doing straight psychology and am torn between manchester, newcastle and leeds. everyone says great things about them all! i think as i live in cheshire i will definitely put manc down as my firm or insursance, out of the three simply because it has so many employment links plus it's only an hour from home, newc on the other hand is 4 hrs away! if you find anything useful out please can you link me up :cool:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    This should probably be in university discussion...

Post in each uni's forum asking what current students think, many will have made this choice.

Either way has to be said you are going to have some top nights out.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.