Turn on thread page Beta

I have never loved anyone as much as I loved my first love. watch

I first date properly when I was 15 for over a year I loved this girl to bits looking back I doubt she felt the same. Long story short she cheated broke my hear and even to this day, 5 years later it still hurts a bit.
    But since her I've never felt such intense love and I've dated many since her, but never felt the same way.

ReputationRep:
    Know how you feel mate. But mine was a long time ago, i've got over it and now i'm happy with my life.

ReputationRep:
    Get over yourself first then get over the ***** yeah??????

ReputationRep:
    "The love which lasts the longest is that which is never returned"

Truer words have rarely been spoken.

ReputationRep:
    Cool story bro.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayshizzle)

I don't understand? Sorry to sound numb but do you mind explaining?

ReputationRep:
    What good can come of dwelling on this girl and your past? Obviously it must have been upsetting for you, especially because she cheated on you, but you have to move on. You say these other girls don't compare, but this girl was obviously not worth it if that was how she treated it. I think sometimes it's easy to remember things as more wonderful than they were- maybe that's the case with this girl. You will find someone else, you're only 20- you just haven't met anyone you're really compatible with!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NWA)
    I don't understand? Sorry to sound numb but do you mind explaining?
    It means that when you love someone, but they don't love you back it's very difficult to get over.

ReputationRep:
    Is it not possible that your memory is distorted by the naiver, less experienced and less emotionally mature 15 year old you and that if you experienced those events from your current perspective?

ReputationRep:
    I felt the same thing in my past. They are going to be the first one who you let in, possibly the first person that you slept with (varies..) and I find that I tend to compare a lot of other people to him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ayshizzle)

Irritatingly true.

ReputationRep:
    you never lived long enough, have you?

ReputationRep:
    too many 'loves' in one sentence man

I've never hated anyone as much as i hated my first love.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.