Turn on thread page Beta

I have noticed anti-muslim comments get the most negative reps but.... watch

ReputationRep:
    1)Anti-Christianity comments get postive repped
    2)On a general religion thread on "does god exist", the Atheists and trolls get the most positive reps.
    3) But on a muslim thread, any criticism of that religion is met with loads of negative reps - whether you be atheist or from a different religion.

Why the bias TSR?
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you are looking at the wrong thing. You should instead think about people's reasons for posting antagonistic posts about a particular rule. On TSR, as a general rule, people post anti muslim comments whose reasoning is basically "Muslims all love killing people", which clearly is deserving of neg. On the other hand, anti christian posts tend to be of the form "Christian beliefs are ridiculous". This gathers more rep partly because it is a much more reasonable point of view than the anti muslim comments, and partly because TSR has an atheist majority, so everyone +s the post they agree with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobifier)
    Perhaps you are looking at the wrong thing. You should instead think about people's reasons for posting antagonistic posts about a particular rule. On TSR, as a general rule, people post anti muslim comments whose reasoning is basically "Muslims all love killing people", which clearly is deserving of neg. On the other hand, anti christian posts tend to be of the form "Christian beliefs are ridiculous". This gathers more rep partly because it is a much more reasonable point of view than the anti muslim comments, and partly because TSR has an atheist majority, so everyone +s the post they agree with.
    /thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NO ONE)
    2)On a general religion thread on "does god exist", the Atheists and trolls get the most positive reps.
    3) But on a muslim thread, any criticism of that religion is met with loads of negative reps - whether you be atheist or from a different religion.

Why the bias TSR?
    lies. If I post pictures of the "lol Jesus" meme in here, I will have two bright red gems by tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    shut up akshaykumar balaaji

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NO ONE)

Why the bias TSR?
    Bigotry or veiled bigotry is always neg repped. If you were to write stuff like "Christianity is evil and all christians should get out of Britain" you would get tonnes of neg reps too.

ReputationRep:
    You probably just notice anti muslims comments being negged more becaue you have it in your head.

ReputationRep:
    Smelly Muslims

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hester_23)
    Smelly Muslims
    Nice try :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I do love how here, if someone posts something you do not agree with, they don't bother quoting you and arguing, but neg the comment.

If I cared about what anyone on the internet thought, I'd be furious with some of the negs I recieve.

I do not hate Muslims; I disagree with all religions equally. I think, if what the OP says is the case, it is because Christians have been ridiculed for their faith for so long in the West. On the other hand, Islam does not tolerate criticism (which I find abhorrant).

This is a very good example of this, even if an old one;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alpharius)

Agreed.

ReputationRep:
    Because theres more muslims than christians and athiests on TSR?
    Just a guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willum Infanta)
    Because Muslims can't take a ****in joke

Edit: And they're always really miserable
    :mad: :lolwut:

And OP, I think all religions get stick on here, it's just that you get more threads criticising Islam than Christianity :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nash24)
    Because theres more muslims than christians and athiests on TSR?
    Just a guess.
    I think there's loads more atheists on here tbh.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I imagine it's just because there are either more Muslims, or the Muslims that are on (on average, of course) more likely to defend their faith when faced with negative comments.

It's not that Atheists are neg-repping anti Muslim comments (Unless of course they're just irrational bigotry in which case people of all faiths neg-rep them), it's that Muslims are neg-repping anti Muslim comments.

I don't really see anything controversial about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobifier)
    probably the most sensible post i've seen today, and the best answer to the question you'll get.

/thread

ReputationRep:
    I do have to say, a lot of posts critical of Islam in perfectly civil and reasoned tones get rather a few negs. I would guess from perhaps a few apologist members, or paticularly sensetive Muslims. Though the same is true of right wing comments and so on. The TSR Communist Party would seem to have itchy negging fingers...

ReputationRep:
    I have just burst out laughing.

I thank the person who negged my earlier comment; You just proved it completely true.

:ahee:

ReputationRep:
    Maybe people are sick of seeing the same anti-Muslim threads every ten seconds. Search function brah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Willum Infanta)
    Because Muslims can't take a ****in joke

Edit: And they're always really miserable
    uuuuuuuuuurgh..........I just wanna end my life.........

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.