Turn on thread page Beta

I have noticed anti-muslim comments get the most negative reps but.... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sea of Turquoise)
    I will insult religion how I see fit, this is Europe, Not the middle east. They are in OUR country, they live in OUR society. They CHOSE to live here, and they are free to leave
    When you say "OUR" who do you mean exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    You can't spell JIHAD with your GCSEs so according to you nobody is a Muslim. Idiot.

What have you got against Islam every post I see from you is an attack upon Islam, if you think it's wrong fine, that doesn't give you the right to go around attacking peoples faith.
    This was only in response to the other thread I got a warning for, which, in turn, was some light hearted fun. I mean nothing by it, unless your values are radically different to mine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    When you say "OUR" who do you mean exactly?
    I can only talk about my country Scotland. Scotland belongs to the Native Scots whom have lived here since it was first settled. It does not belong to Muslims whom have been here a handful of decades, and played no part in fighting for this nation or building it. Scottish society is not Muslim society, they live in our society, their values and beliefs have nothing to do with our society

Muslims are ONLY in Britain due to our good graces.

ReputationRep:
    I can only talk about my country Scotland. Scotland belongs to the Native Scots whom have lived here since it was first settled. It does not belong to Muslims whom have been here a handful of decades, and played no part in fighting for this nation or building it. Scottish society is not Muslim society, they live in our society, their values and beliefs have nothing to do with our society

Muslims are ONLY in Britain due to our good graces.
    What about people born and bred in Scotland converting to Islam? You are mistaking a religion for a race. Get your facts straight before you start talking out of your ass. Because all I hear from you is bull****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SAK.A)
    What about people born and bred in Scotland converting to Islam? .
    They are Scottish, unfortunately, and this county belongs them. Pakistanis are not Scottish, and this is not your country whether you are born here or not. Scotland belongs to the scots GET IT

Unless you have visited Scotland, we are far more nationalistic than the English and we KNOW that Scotland is OUR country. It does not belong to Pakistani Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you have visited Scotland, we are far more nationalistic than the English and we KNOW that Scotland is OUR country. It does not belong to Pakistani Muslims.
    Scottish Society is not Christian ethier, its Secular.

Nationalist is the word your looking for.... Presumably because your country is actually under a bootheel, not because of your zenophobia.

Yeah, the Scottish are far more polite and welcoming to fair minded vistors.
    Im glad im not Socttish, because you would make me feel ashamed. England doesnt belong to Pakistani Muslims ethier.

See what I mean OP? This Anti Muslim couldnt put together a vaild argument to save his life
    His posts are just hate, rooted in ignorance, stemming from unecessary fear. they deserve nothing more.

ReputationRep:
    maybe cos we stand up for what we believe in

and honestly most TSR people regardless of their religious views, are probably sick of the number of stupid threads on islam, I hate islam because..., muslims should go back to where they came from.. and most of it are trolls who have nothing better to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evilzadi)
    maybe cos we stand up for what we believe in

and honestly most TSR people regardless of their religious views, are probably sick of the number of stupid threads on islam, I hate islam because..., muslims should go back to where they came from.. and most of it are trolls who have nothing better to do
    British public suspicious of Muslims

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/reli...udy-finds.html

More than half the population would be strongly opposed to a mosque being built in their neighbourhood, the study found.

A large proportion of the country believes that the multicultural experiment has failed, with 52 per cent considering that Britain is deeply divided along religious lines and 45 per cent saying that religious diversity has had a negative impact.

ReputationRep:
    This is a pretty easy question to answer...

Which religion's lobby gets the U.N. to pass an anti-blasphemy law every year?

Which religion's followers riot and kill if their "prophet" is depicted or if their "holy" book is burned?

Which religion's followers apply the word "phobia" to any and all criticism of their faith, either rational or irrational, like it is some sort of mental disorder?

The fact is that if you believe the Koran is the word of God, then you have to answer for some pretty despicable sentiments (http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/Quran.htm, and please, just claim the source is bias and ignore the actual quotes), and what better way to keep a clear conscience than to not answer them at all?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george-liverpool94)
    My eyes have seen the glory of the trampling at the zoo
    :upyours:

Spoiler:
    Show

Zoo is closed brah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by B-Man.)
    :upyours:

Spoiler:
    Show

Zoo is closed brah
    tHE WHITE MAN MARCHES ON

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontJudge)
    THATS SICK man, but i bet its copied and pasted!
    Hahaha, nah man. Creating verse is one of my talents, I've never managed to use it productively though, I just do it to entertain myself and others.

(Original post by SAK.A)
    Amazing post, Made me lol.
    Cheers mate :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OmarDurrani)
    Hahaha, nah man. Creating verse is one of my talents, I've never managed to use it productively though, I just do it to entertain myself and others.
    Good good, bet your from london then, would you no any channel AKA rappers?

ReputationRep:
    Good good, bet your from london then, would you no any channel AKA rappers?
    Pardon me if I've misunderstood a joke or something here, it's a bit hard for me to understand tone over blank text . I visit London often, but I have never lived there, I have only ever lived in the UK for a year, that too a boarding school in Scotland. I've lived in Pakistan most of my life and recently I've been spending several months a year in Dubai and am probably moving to either England or Dubai completely in a few months.

I don't know any rappers, no :P

ReputationRep:
    Pardon me if I've misunderstood a joke or something here, it's a bit hard for me to understand tone over blank text . I visit London often, but I have never lived there, I have only ever lived in the UK for a year, that too a boarding school in Scotland. I've lived in Pakistan most of my life and recently I've been spending several months a year in Dubai and am probably moving to either England or Dubai completely in a few months.

I don't know any rappers, no :P
    you got really good english! mashallah brother.

ReputationRep:
    you got really good english! mashallah brother.
    Thanks my mother is British and I've been educated at British schools my entire life, that probably has a lot to do with my fluency

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wucker)
    This is a pretty easy question to answer...

Which religion's lobby gets the U.N. to pass an anti-blasphemy law every year?

Which religion's followers riot and kill if their "prophet" is depicted or if their "holy" book is burned?

Which religion's followers apply the word "phobia" to any and all criticism of their faith, either rational or irrational, like it is some sort of mental disorder?

The fact is that if you believe the Koran is the word of God, then you have to answer for some pretty despicable sentiments (http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/Quran.htm, and please, just claim the source is bias and ignore the actual quotes), and what better way to keep a clear conscience than to not answer them at all?
    Fair points made there, brother. I'd like to respond to your argument with some of my own insight as a Muslim (perhaps not the best one) and I do hope these answers are what you were looking for:

I don't see this point as valid since the U.N. represents a body of nations, not religions.

I don't see how Christian extremists (note be taken - I used the word extremists, as ALL Muslims do not react in this way) would react any differently if Muslims set alight bibles and drew images of Jesus Christ (PBUH) doing the things many people depicted Muhammad (PBUH) doing. The reason I chose Christianity was for the simple reason that it is the largest religion in the world, hence it would have a large number of extremists as well. Recently a Christian girl in America wore a t-shirt which said "Islam is of the devil" to school, also an aged white male who was also ex-military recently drove to a mosque in America with a car full of explosives. I'd be more than happy to cite these examples if you honestly can't take my word for it. People are scared of Muslims, hence the sensationalisation of Muslim extremists on the media is far greater than that of other religions, also things happen in history, 9/11 may have occurred, but so did the Crusades, did they not?

Again, a highly opinionated point of view, made obvious by your selection of language. You say it, generalising all Muslims as if though we are all one. Also, "mental disorder," I mean, really? You expect to use a phrase like that and NOT expect people to call you biased?

As for the quotes, let me explain a few as I obviously can't explain each and every one of them:
    "Fight in the cause of Allah those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for Allah loveth not transgressors." This makes it very clear to only fight those who "fight you" and says "but do not transgress limits;" which again implies that there are limits - extremists tend to not understand this, like most other religions, suicide is prohibited in Islam. If you die fighting, you are considered a martyr to the religion, no where in the Quran does it say to blow yourself up and kill innocent people.

"And slay them wherever ye catch them, and turn them out from where they have Turned you out; for tumult and oppression are worse than slaughter; but fight them not at the Sacred Mosque, unless they (first) fight you there; but if they fight you, slay them. Such is the reward of those who suppress faith." Once again, this very clearly implies to fight when oppressed because of your religion, not to kill all non-believers.

"Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not." Previous context has not been mentioned here, there is a mention in earlier verses leading up to this about fighting as retaliation, not to start fights.

"Allah is the Protector of those who have faith: from the depths of darkness He will lead them forth into light. Of those who reject faith the patrons are the evil ones: from light they will lead them forth into the depths of darkness. They will be companions of the fire, to dwell therein (For ever)." Are you saying, other religions believe that people who do not believe in their religion will also receive an eternal, humble abode in heaven? Every religion says to believe, also I'd like to emphasise the usage of the word "reject". In Islam, you are forgiven if you were never invited to Islam, only if you reject the invitation do they believe you are destined to hell fire.

Again, you say Muslims would claim the source is bias, take a look at it. Parts of quotes are highlighted and a lot of them are given out of context - this would completely change the meaning of things regardless of what it is. For example, if in 'Much Ado About Nothing' by Shakespeare if there is a quote where Benedick expresses how he loves Beatrice, and no previous context given - someone with no previous knowledge of the play would not understand the significance of the quote as they have no idea how anti-Marriage the two of them were earlier on in the play.

P.S. I would like to clarify that I am agnostic. I am, technically a Muslim, but I'm not sure about my beliefs, not because of the religion as such, but because religion isn't something I'd ordinarily think about - so I wouldn't label myself as anything. I go to a Church of England school, my mother is British and my grandfather is Roman Catholic. It is not Islam that makes me question faith, rather the belief in a superior being in itself, however I do often see myself turning to God for help as I very often have no where else to look for guidance, and at the very least, it calms me.

ReputationRep:
    maybe being anti-muslim is a scary idea these days...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks my mother is British and I've been educated at British schools my entire life, that probably has a lot to do with my fluency
    so how wouldyou compare your accent too?
    mine is like yorkshire slash paki accent if you get me!

ReputationRep:
    so how wouldyou compare your accent too?
    mine is like yorkshire slash paki accent if you get me!
    I speak in RP (BBC/Oxford English). I apparently had the "poshest" accent at my boarding school in Edinburgh.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.