Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Should I worry about £600 in the scheme of things? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm a low income student. I am applying to a university that I really like because I love the city and have family connections there.

I would be entitled to the full bursary at any university, at the main russell group/1994 ones this is around £1200

However, at the uni I want to go to, it has been cut from £1000 to £600 this application cycle.

If you were in my position, would this put you off?

ReputationRep:
    Cut it loose and if you really want the money, get a job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottingham_Banker)
    Hey,

I'm a low income student. I am applying to a university that I really like because I love the city and have family connections there.

I would be entitled to the full bursary at any university, at the main russell group/1994 ones this is around £1200

However, at the uni I want to go to, it has been cut from £1000 to £600 this application cycle.

Put me off what exactly? Going to university altogether? Well, if you really want to go, you make it not matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nottingham_Banker)
    Hey,

If you can get full bursaries at any Uni then you would also qualify for full funding which is 7k+

600 is hardly gonna change much

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.