Turn on thread page Beta

Who Else Can't Wait For Glastonbury?! watch

ReputationRep:
    Gonna be so much fun. Sure, all those going to Reading and Sonisphear get to experience a mental crowd and get drunk at night and go crazy, but we have it better.

I personally can't wait to nod my head lightly to the three Mumford & Sons songs I know, right before joining a crowd of white middle class six formers having a jolly to The Dizzy Rascal himself. I can't believe they got Beyonce too!

Then of course at night it's off to go see poetry before bed at ten and luckily no one around you waking you up!

Festival season is coming!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Residue of Spandex)
    Gonna be so much fun. Sure, all those going to Reading and Sonisphear get to experience a mental crowd and get drunk at night and go crazy, but we have it better.

I personally can't wait to nod my head lightly to the three Mumford & Sons songs I know, right before joining a crowd of white middle class six formers having a jolly to The Dizzy Rascal himself. I can't believe they got Beyonce too!

Then of course at night it's off to go see poetry before bed at ten and luckily no one around you waking you up!

You are a ****.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not hitting any festivals this year- apart from maybe Belfasts Belsonic Fest- but yeah, I can't wait to see Glasto on the box. Wouldn't be a massive fan of Beyonce, but I can't deny she's absolutely amazing! My brothers going to Oxegen in Dublin....I'm trying to get him to get me a Brandon Flowers t-shirt.. :-3

But yeah, Bring on the festivals-that's when you know it's summer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snowpatrolchlo)
    I'm not hitting any festivals this year- apart from maybe Belfasts Belsonic Fest- but yeah, I can't wait to see Glasto on the box. Wouldn't be a massive fan of Beyonce, but I can't deny she's absolutely amazing! My brothers going to Oxegen in Dublin....I'm trying to get him to get me a Brandon Flowers t-shirt.. :-3

But yeah, Bring on the festivals-that's when you know it's summer!
    You realise the OP is taking the piss out of Glasto right?

ReputationRep:
    who else is gonna try and get tickets for it all?

my group are having to get 2 sets of 4 tickets so im worrying already

ReputationRep:
    no one talking about the lineup announcement? its looking good as always
    pendulum too high up though

ReputationRep:
    I think it's good by Glastonbury standards, but pretty meh overall. About 0.5% of the festival is made up of bands that know how to rock out:

QOTSA
    Jimmy Eat World
    Biffy Clyro
    Flogging Molly
    Chase and Status

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hota)
    no one talking about the lineup announcement? its looking good as always
    pendulum too high up though
    Indeed, pendulum followed by beyonce is not something I will be partaking in, luckily there's another 80 stages, so I should be able to find something to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LostRiot)
    Indeed, pendulum followed by beyonce is not something I will be partaking in, luckily there's another 80 stages, so I should be able to find something to do.
    best headliner on the sunday = QOTSA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hota)
    best headliner on the sunday = QOTSA
    Hmm, they've completely dropped off my radar since songs for the death. Kool and the gang could be a bit good, and I'd like to see the streets but not sure I want to end the festival with mike skinner's dodgy, singing.

ReputationRep:
    Kind of got disillusioned in 2010 when Reef came home, and no-one knew who they were.

Or maybe I'm just old.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Residue of Spandex)

Poetry before bed at ten?! I'm going to come and wake you up

ReputationRep:
    Anybody going on their own this year. I'm going as an Oxfam steward so on my own for a few days until festival starts proper. Anybody in same boat

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.