Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

please keep annon or delete as i dont know people use this site who i know

i'm nearly finished my first year and decided at the end of last term that i wanted to live with 2 of my coursemates and then 2 other people from one of their flats. i was initionally happy with my decision as i dont have much in common with my flatmates and they like to go out/drink much more than i do. however i'm so worried that next year me and my two coursemates, who i get on really well with, will end up being sick of each other as most of our lectures will be the same. i generally just want to go home and have a break from uni and cant wait for easter holidays so dont know if thats playing a part in how i feel at the moment. i dont know what to do apart from accept my decision and live with it, anyone got any advice?

Why not actually say something to them and express your concerns?

Other than that, join some societies so you're not with the same people all the time. You only have a few hours of lectures/seminars a week anyway.

all i can tell you is if you get the feeling that its going to be not-so-good, opt out asap. you dont want to be stuck in a house with people youre bored of just cause youve signed a contract.

my house has 12 people in it, and 4 of us are fomr the same course. we normally dont hang out together in lectures, so it kinda helps. tbh, it gets easier when you have coursework and you badly need help. you can also revise together and stuff like that. but in my case, there are 12 people, so i techinically have other people as choices to hang out with all the time while you dont.

think about it. in my 3rd year, i was to stay with 3 other people, only one of whom was my bestie, the others were her coursemates. i opted out of it cos i realised i had NOTHIng in common with them and id be wuite the loner out there.
    hope this helps! feel free to om or quote me if you wana talk more about it x
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.