Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I got conditionals from Glasgow and Dundee.. I can't decide! Can someone help me?

I'd like to study Politics & Geography. I think Glasgow would look better on my CV as the university is more prestigious and the courses are better ranked, but I like smaller cities better. Plus, I'm afraid studying at such a uni would be just too much for me; though I do have excellent marks at school so it just might be a first impression..

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot

ReputationRep:
    It's up to you really... Which I know isn't much of a help.

First of all I'd recommend looking at the course structure, assuming that you haven't already done so. If you're going to spend four years studying there, you better make sure you'll be studying something you'll enjoy :yes:

Have you had a look around either of the University campuses?

On the face of it, I'm guessing that a lot of people will suggest Glasgow (congrats on getting an offer btw ), but Dundee is also a good Uni... If you're getting excellent marks at school, and you think it would help you get a Job in the future, then why not go to Glasgow? I wouldn't let your first impression put you off going...

What are the offers? I'd have thought that the Glasgow one would be higher than the Dundee one, so why don't you put Glasgow as your Firm and Dundee as your Insurance? :dontknow:

(I have an offer from Dundee just if you're wondering, and I'm Firming it :yep:)

ReputationRep:
    Hey, thanks Liam.

Yeah, I've yet to look at the course structure..I know it's important but I haven't managed to get to it with the final exams so close.

I'm not from the UK so going for an open day was not an option..I used google street view to get a look around the cities Not surpsrisingy, I liked both

Glasgow wants As, Dundee Cs. But if I get the marks to Glasgow I won't be able to go to Dundee (ucas works that way) so basically I have to choose now.

If I was going to study Life sciences or professions, I wouldn't hesitate..

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.