The Student Room Group

Guys: Would you prefer it if your girlfriend was a virgin?

Give your reasons as to why?
If guys really loved/liked the girl they shouldn't care.
Reply 2
Only because she'd have no one to compare me to, and might be more likely to believe me when I told her that three minutes was really, really good.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Give your reasons as to why?

There are 2 kinds of guys who prefer this:

1) Guys who believe that sex outside marriage, or at least outside a long-term, serious relationship, is wrong. This tends to be for religious reasons, although isn't necessarily. Guys like this are likely to be virgins themselves (unless they went through a religious revelation later in life after a previous life of sex).

2) Guys who have had sex themselves and think there's nothing wrong with a guy doing it, but still think that it's important that their serious partner is a virgin. Maybe they think there is a sense of prestige or power associated with 'deflowering' a girl. Maybe they like the idea of a girl who is more innocent than them, as she is less likely to complain if the sex is bad and more likely to believe whatever he tells her. Maybe they just think that whilst sex is natural for men, it's unnatural and wrong for women, making her a slag.

There is also a version of Number 2 who doesn't insist that his girlfriend is a virgin, but would still prefer her to have had fewer sexual partners than him. This is very common and is part of the huge inconsistenty at the heart of modern attitudes towards sex. Guys want to be able to have lots so they complain about women who don't go through with it, calling them 'frigid' / 'stuck-up' or whatever. But when they're looking for a long-term girlfriend, they see these 'easy' girls as 'slags' and go for inexperience.

Type Number 1 is understandable and could make a good partner if you share similar beliefs. Type Number 2 is a hypocrite at best and a controlling and unpleasant individual at worst. At its most extreme, attitude number 2 is epitomised by those guys on the news for exploiting teenaged girls in 'sex gangs'. They think the girls are sluts and basically sub-human, so have no moral problem with using them for sex, but when it comes to their own wives and daughters they expect virginity to be preserved until marriage.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Yep.
christ no i do not want a girl to be a virgin, my gf had only had sex twice before we got together (twice with the same bloke). Teaching them what to do is just far too much effort.

Id much rather a girl who had some experianceadn confidence on what to do in the bedroom over one thats barely knows what goes where.

I never saw anything special about being a virgin and ive never seen the appeal of taking a girls virginity.
As long as she wasnt a slut with 100k cock miles under the hood, I don't care.
Original post by Roloqueen
There are 2 kinds of guys who prefer this:
There is also a version of Number 2 who doesn't insist that his girlfriend is a virgin, but would still prefer her to have had fewer sexual partners than him. This is very common and is part of the huge inconsistenty at the heart of modern attitudes towards sex. Guys want to be able to have lots so they complain about women who don't go through with it, calling them 'frigid' / 'stuck-up' or whatever. But when they're looking for a long-term girlfriend, they see these 'easy' girls as 'slags' and go for inexperience.

Hmm this girls got my number.

Op, slags for sex, virgins for marriage.
Reply 8
Being counted among the pre-eminent lays of someone who has bedded over forty men (and numerous women), most of them significantly older and more experienced than you, is a tremendous ego-boost. So no, not really - although it wouldn't necessarily be a deal-breaker.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending