Turn on thread page Beta

2 issues ( Pineapple and a toe) watch

ReputationRep:
    1st issue:

I ate a Pineapple yesterday, for the first time ever ( I'm 19! ) it was nice! Anyway, I went into the showers, and when water droplets went into my mouth it was a strange feeling...

It was like they were dancing on my tongue, it wasn't unpleasant, but not brilliant either. Why does this happen?

And the next issue...

I went to play football with my friends like a week ago, 3 and a half hours. I get my first EVER cramp in my left leg :/, it hurt, quite alot! Anyway, I got home and ladedadadadeda carried on. Next morning, if I run down the stairs, quickly OR slowly, when the toe, next to the big toe hits the step, that toe next to the big toe hurts! It's hard to explain, it's like a shooting sensation. Also the side has gone a little numb. If I wear shoes and go downstairs it's fine. I am in London so can't see my doctor until the 20th April!

Thanks for any info

ReputationRep:
    You had an allergic reaction to the pineapple which has now given you AIDs, manifested by pain in your toe. Sucks to be you.

ReputationRep:
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    lol.

ReputationRep:
    I kind of was expecting the OP to mistake a toe for a pineapple :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, eat a pineapple then have a shower.

The droplets dance on your tongue. You have to try it

ReputationRep:
    Probably want to go on the Health sub-forum for some more serious answers.
    Other than that I get a weird kind of coating around my mouth after I eat pineapple, makes everything else (including water) have a strange sensation sort of like yours.

ReputationRep:
    You lead a fun life it seems .

ReputationRep:
    It could be because of the acidicty of the pineapple? Don't know much about stuff like that, though xD
    The same happens to me, but I never worried about it. Assumed it was just because it was too much acid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DiZZeeKiD)
    You had an allergic reaction to the pineapple which has now given you AIDs, manifested by pain in your toe. Sucks to be you.
    This sounds like official doctor advice.

ReputationRep:
    There's an acid in the pineapple. If I cut open and eat a fresh pineapple and don't wash it first after a while my tongue burns. After a LOT of pineapple and feels like it's on fire.

A way to combat this is to eat yoghurt AND pineapple. NoM NOM NOM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverGold)
    I kind of was expecting the OP to mistake a toe for a pineapple :teehee:
    Camel Toe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HARRY PUTAH)
    Camel Toe?
    I have heard that pineapple makes camel toe taste better :sexface:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Not like I would know :ninjagirl:

But seriously OP I get same feeling on my tongue from fresh pineapple but pineapple juice and pineapple from a can I'm fine with.

ReputationRep:
    Pinapple contains an enzyme that digests meat protein, I thought it was quite well known :unsure:

I'd always presumed it was why the chain pub/restraunts served their tough-as-leather gammon stakes with a slice of pineapple on top.

ReputationRep:
    Camel Toe?
    Some consider it a great delicacy :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverGold)
    I have heard that pineapple makes camel toe taste better :sexface:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Not like I would know :ninjagirl:

But seriously OP I get same feeling on my tongue from fresh pineapple but pineapple juice and pineapple from a can I'm fine with.
    I like your thinking.

It works for men but usually men indulge in beer/lager/other crap which renders any benefits useless.

although I am looking for test subjects

ReputationRep:
    I like your thinking.

It works for men but usually men indulge in beer/lager/other crap which renders any benefits useless.

although I am looking for test subjects

:ahee:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Hope you find that lucky person to test it for you :teehee:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.