Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Making your room your own? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So inspired by this thread

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1217395

what will you bring or have brought to make your room your own. You know, anything that doesn't make it look the same as it did when you first arrive(d).

For me, it'll be my DVD Boxsets, like Friends, House, etc.

ReputationRep:
    My Take That stuff-I have all of their DVDs, CDs, calendars, books, posters-the lot lol I'm also gonna print loads off my photos off Facebook just to make it a bit more personal and pin them all up on my wall

xx

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about anyone else but was planning on taking most the stuff in my room hoping it can fit and all

Laptop, TV, Xbox, games, dvds, posters, and loads of other little things

Would it be weird me taking my TV and Xbox lol?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by E-glory)
    Wouldn't have thought it would be weird, go for it, lol.
    I'll probably be taking my posters along with whatever else from my room that i can cram in
    Maybe stuff i've brought back from holidays as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by E-glory)
    Football and Music Posters, England Flag, Touch lamp.
    I don't think i would be able to survive away from home without my TV, Xbox and Laptop. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamie0393)
    Football and Music Posters, England Flag, Touch lamp.
    I don't think i would be able to survive away from home without my TV, Xbox and Laptop. :rolleyes:
    Same I hardly play Xbox nowadays though lack of good games probably

ReputationRep:
    I think my most important thing was my own bedding and my lamps. It's surprising how much nicer and homelier your own bedding can make a room feel the stuff the uni supplied looked and felt horrible and made the room feel more like a hotel than like it was mine. My lamps made it a million times better because the only light in the room was a bright white striplight - definitely not relaxing or friendly!

ReputationRep:
    Photos, posters, little pretty thngs to sit on my shelves, cushions!, throws, teddy bears

ReputationRep:
    Photos, ornaments, ipod dock, tv, laptop, beanbag, posters

ReputationRep:
    My room was basic when I got there, I've stuck lots of club flyers and posters all over.
    Got 40 free picture prints of snapfish.com and stuck them on my walls. Costumes are shoved up there too and random stolen objects.

ReputationRep:
    Make it a mess, you know stuff like clothes all over the place, pieces of work here and there.

ReputationRep:
    Some dorms ban fairy lights but I wonder if they would ban strips of LED mood lighting fit to the underside of my desk wired myself connected to the mains? I am taking nothing but technology and for the novelty value/extreme usefulness, my "Safe use of mobile towers" certificate.

ReputationRep:
    Step 1: take everything out of bags and place haphazardly on floor.
    Step 2: Leave it there.
    Step 3: Arrange into piles about a week later (NB the piles don't have to have any meaning)
    Congratulations, you are now the owner of the most unique, personal filing system in the World: The Floordrobe!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.