Turn on thread page Beta

need help - London related watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I have been invited to an interview in London.

As you can see from my location, I live in Glasgow(Scotland). So, I need to get to London.

What I was thinking of doing was getting the megabus from Glasgow to London Victoria Bus station.

I then need to get the tube to Holborn station, as the interview where it is taking place, is right next to it.

Can anyone tell me the best way to get from Victoria bus station to holborn station. I was thinking of the Victoria station to Holborn, but I am not sure if there is a link between the two.

If someone can help me with this, I would be grateful. As, it is quite difficult to get around in London, as there are far too many transport links.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by firestar101)
    Hi,

As you can see from my location, I live in Glasgow(Scotland). So, I need to get to London.

What I was thinking of doing was getting the megabus from Glasgow to London Victoria Bus station.

I then need to get the tube to Holborn station, as the interview where it is taking place, is right next to it.

Can anyone tell me the best way to get from Victoria bus station to holborn station. I was thinking of the Victoria station to Holborn, but I am not sure if there is a link between the two.

If someone can help me with this, I would be grateful. As, it is quite difficult to get around in London, as there are far too many transport links.
    Go to Victoria underground station, get a Victoria line train to Oxford Circus. Then change to a Central line train and go two stops to Holborn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Go to Victoria underground station, get a Victoria line train to Oxford Circus. Then change to a Central line train and go two stops to Holborn
    Thanks. I hope I do not get lost. How do I change to a central line train. I know it may seem like a stupid question, but I am not familiar with the London transport system.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I hope I do not get lost. How do I change to a central line train. I know it may seem like a stupid question, but I am not familiar with the London transport system.
    Get off the Victoria line train at Oxford Circus and follow the signs in the station to the Eastbound Central line platform

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

What Democracy said and further info:

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...d-tube-map.pdf

ReputationRep:
    I really wouldn't recommend going to London by megabus before an interview. It takes 8-10 hours, and speaking from experience, you'll find it difficult to get any sleep, the seats are uncomfortable after a long time, the buses are often packed and badly heated/air conditioned. Also they tend to be late on arrival into Victoria; last time I took the megabus from Edinburgh it was over an hour late, so you'll want to bear that in mind.

You should consider taking the train to Euston if you can, it's much faster and easier and not unaffordable as a one-off, especially if you've got a railcard. If you really have to take the bus, try and stay overnight with a friend, or at least give yourself a couple of hours to get some fresh air and a coffee. Good luck

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.