Turn on thread page Beta

Guys: Would you prefer it if your girlfriend was a virgin? watch

So, a related question I was just thinking about. How early in a relationship should you tell the guy you're a virgin? I'm not going out with him yet, but things seem to be heading in that direction, I hope so anyway. I know he's had a couple of long term relationships in the past, but I've never had a proper boyfriend. I just don't know when to tell him this - should I just wait for him to ask me, or what? He might have guessed by now of course. Of course, a lot of guys on this thread said they don't care if the girl is a virgin, I don't know which camp he'd fall into.

I'd be grateful for any honest responses, and sorry if this is hijacking the thread at all, but it seems relevant and related, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    You should watch a film with him about the subject and mention it over that.

Is there any problem tv can't solve?

If he does have some issue it's better to deal with it early.

ReputationRep:
    yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So, a related question I was just thinking about. How early in a relationship should you tell the guy you're a virgin? I'm not going out with him yet, but things seem to be heading in that direction, I hope so anyway. I know he's had a couple of long term relationships in the past, but I've never had a proper boyfriend. I just don't know when to tell him this - should I just wait for him to ask me, or what? He might have guessed by now of course. Of course, a lot of guys on this thread said they don't care if the girl is a virgin, I don't know which camp he'd fall into.

I'd be grateful for any honest responses, and sorry if this is hijacking the thread at all, but it seems relevant and related, anyway.
    Same thing happened to me. If you and this guy are close, then he'll probably know your past relationship history, aka, no long-term boyfs, therefore (as long as you're not known as a schlaaaaaaag ) he should work out you're a virgin - this is how things worked out for me. Having said that, don't make too much of an issue out of it. I know it sounds all bleurghhhh and cliched, but I'm sure he won't care, if he likes you enough.
    Good luck

(Original post by Anonymous)
    So, a related question I was just thinking about. How early in a relationship should you tell the guy you're a virgin? I'm not going out with him yet, but things seem to be heading in that direction, I hope so anyway. I know he's had a couple of long term relationships in the past, but I've never had a proper boyfriend. I just don't know when to tell him this - should I just wait for him to ask me, or what? He might have guessed by now of course.
    As soon as you think it's a relevant conversation to have.

I was completely inexperienced before meeting my boyfriend (I hadn't even French kissed anyone before), and he'd been under the impression that I was at least a little more experienced. The first time we got together things were going faster than I was comfortable with, and I had to stop him and explain (slightly awkwardly) that it wasn't that I didn't like him - just that this was way beyond anything I'd ever done before. He was very understanding, and from that point on knew to take things slowly so that I wouldn't get uncomfortable or scared. Before that it hadn't really been important, so I didn't think it was necessary to tell him.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.