PSYA3 ... How do get higher marks? Watch

antipesto93
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So as you know, PSYA3 AQA A is made up of three 25 mark essays

However so many people are able to just write 2 pages and get 20/25, Whereas i can write 6 pages and get 18/25.

I am aware that i should be using IDA/ao3, But whats the seceret

I guess i am looking for exam...Tips.. specific to the psya3 25 marks..anyone
Noodlzzz
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you have any essays on the computer I'll be happy to look over them for you?
bexter:)
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
well i got an A at psya3 and my advice would be question everything you write throughout the essay. Don't do A01 in one paragraph and then A02/A03 in another paragraph. You must link everything together to show you have overall knowledge. If you do write 6 pages and get 18 you are obviously writing things you do not need. I would suggest practising esays and set a maximum number of pages for each one. I did about 3 pages per essay in the exam so practising for it i would say complete essays within the 3-4 pages mark.

Hope this helps Xx
Phalange
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by antipesto93)
So as you know, PSYA3 AQA A is made up of three 25 mark essays

However so many people are able to just write 2 pages and get 20/25, Whereas i can write 6 pages and get 18/25.

I am aware that i should be using IDA/ao3, But whats the seceret

I guess i am looking for exam...Tips.. specific to the psya3 25 marks..anyone
Critical AO2 points - my teacher is an exam marker and she says this is where most people lose marks. They are interested in quality not quantity so explain each point well.

Same with AO3 - make sure you don't simply say something is reductionist .. say why and how this affects the subject etc

Overall, link every point back. Do they support or go against the topic?

Edit: Btw, I recommend using several books to find AO2 points you feel comfortable with as you will remember them better
Last edited by Phalange; 7 years ago
LettersFromTheSky
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Phalange)
Critical AO2 points - my teacher is an exam marker and she says this is where most people lose marks. They are interested in quality not quantity so explain each point well.

Same with AO3 - make sure you don't simply say something is reductionist .. say why and how this affects the subject etc

Overall, link every point back. Do they support or go against the topic?

Edit: Btw, I recommend using several books to find AO2 points you feel comfortable with as you will remember them better
Yup focus is one of the most important things . My teacher said that there were a lot of people in the january exam who wrote really good evaluation points but got 0 for it because it wasn't focused to the question.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia (UEA)
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Secondary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Oct '18
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (445)
91.56%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (41)
8.44%

Watched Threads