Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    i was supposed to receive my sf fund on monday 4/4 and unfotunately someone somehow had access to my logis and they changed my bank account to theirs..so they got all my funds.SF now has to investigate..i wonder if i will still be able to receive these funds back in my account..has anyone else been in the same situation ,im worried as i have my son whose nursery i was supposed to pay from monday..

ReputationRep:
    Rofl man got hustled still

ReputationRep:
    You didn't click a link in an email and login did you? Apparently this has become widespread this year, scammers are sending out phishing emails to get your login details and then logging in themselves and changing the bank account details.

I'm not sure what happens in this case because if it was a bank you would be covered but the student loans company isn't a bank.

EDIT: Heres a link to the story on the BBC news website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-12972497

ReputationRep:
    My understanding though was that the name on the account has to match the name of the applicant, and the persons name cannot be changed online at the SLC.

ReputationRep:
    strange thing is i never clicked on any links,but i got a reply from slc chief executive after emailing him and he said he will ensure i receive the 3rd instalment..(:

ReputationRep:
    Heyy
    I'm in the exact same situation!! sucks really!!..The investigation team are not really being helpful because I couldn't provide any emails, the only emails i got from them were genuine. I know for a fact i didnt click on any links. what did you doo?? and have you got you money yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jane 151)
    strange thing is i never clicked on any links,but i got a reply from slc chief executive after emailing him and he said he will ensure i receive the 3rd instalment..(:
    You seem to have got further with them.. how did u go about it?? I was meant to get mine on the 9th of may but someone changed my bank account details aswell. Phoned the investigation team on so many occasions and they keep asking for emails, even after i've told them i havent received any -_-! Have they dealt with yours yet?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.