Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you think I should get an iPad? watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been doubting if I should get one since the first one came out, and now the second one is, i just think it looks great.
    Anyone who's got one: Are they worth it?
    ORRRR -
    Should I save up and get a MacBook instead? I've got Mac now but it's an iMac, but I need something that is preferably portable, rather than a desktop.

ReputationRep:
    No.

Save for the MacBook.

ReputationRep:
    Mac DEFO

ReputationRep:
    mac

ReputationRep:
    Depends if you have money to burn on a fat iPod touch.

ReputationRep:
    The Ipad; For when the Ipod is too small for people to notice you.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    macbook (get the air, its fab )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellybean91)
    macbook (get the air, its fab )
    Or you could get the regular, much better MacBook for the same price, or be smart and use your student discount to get an even better and infinitely more upgradable MacBook Pro for the same price. It's what I did. 2.3GHz Intel i7 and 8GB maximum of RAM FTW, as opposed to the maximum of 4GB in the MacBook and MacBook air, and the Air's rather pathetic 1.4GHz Core 2 Duo.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Sendaii)
    Or you could get the regular, much better MacBook for the same price, or be smart and use your student discount to get an even better and infinitely more upgradable MacBook Pro for the same price. It's what I did. 2.3GHz Intel i7 and 8GB maximum of RAM FTW, as opposed to the maximum of 4GB in the MacBook and MacBook air, and the Air's rather pathetic 1.4GHz Core 2 Duo.
    But its so small and portable and prettyyy (im such a girl haha!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellybean91)
    But its so small and portable and prettyyy (im such a girl haha!)
    Portable, pretty but not that good MacBook Pro is the way to go, especially if you can get your student discount. Upgrading it yourself is also a pretty good idea, Apple charge an arm and a leg for hardware upgrades.

ReputationRep:
    I also have the same question. Considering this is the student room, I don't expect many people to think the iPad is worth it. But surely you have to own it to really know whether it is worth it.

I have a desktop and laptop already in the house, and therefore I am not even looking for the iPad to replace a computer.
    I guess it depends, if you are in need of a laptop, go for a laptop. If you are just looking for a gadget, go for the iPad. The iPad holds its value quite well as well so you can sell it.

Anyone on here who actually has the iPad 2 willing to share their thoughts?

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.