Turn on thread page Beta

Anon for obvious reasons, know people who use the site etc.

What would think if your partner told you that they are surprised they haven't cheated on you yet.

The person in question has cheated in all other relationships, but claims this one with me to be different...

Views please, how would you respond, and feel about this?

ReputationRep:
    S/he's probably cheating on you right now.

ReputationRep:
    My ex said something similar to me...and he turned out to be a bit of an idiot.
    To be honest, not cheating is kind of the least I expect from a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    I'd feel awful and I'd have the right to as well.

It seems like one of those things that you should never say to someone you care about.

With the reputation a well I would start getting pretty paranoid as well.

Question is though how do you feel about it ?

ReputationRep:
    A bit uneasy, would worry that if they got bored they wouldn't feel too guilty about cheating. Although it does suggest that they didn't love their other partners but do love you so it's a totally different situation.

ReputationRep:
    What the...?

(Original post by reisen)
    A bit uneasy, would worry that if they got bored they wouldn't feel too guilty about cheating. Although it does suggest that they didn't love their other partners but do love you so it's a totally different situation.
    If it's a totally different situation, why have they told me a few times, and when said they sound genuinely surprised.

I'm not sure why they have said it, as it's just making me feel more insecure and paranoid, especially when the I've been shown what a select couple of people have been texting. (Very sexual, offering a birthday present for sex, even when this guy knows about me).

Along with this, she often tries to purposefully wind me up about this guy, saying stuff to make me jealous, and talks about him a lot. She has told me a fair few times that she thinks he's the hottest guy in her college, and likes his body, hair etc.

Pretty f**king annoying...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schroedinger's Pandora)
    She sounds like a loose, insecure nobber. If a man said anything of the sort to me I'd leave him to it and look elsewhere for a partner. Your OP actually made me shudder and screw my face up. Who puts up with that?
    Agreed, sounds very immature

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a crazy ex of mine. I'd get rid personally, no one deserves to be treated like that. I'd get out before you get even more hurt.

ReputationRep:
    Did they expect that you'd be flattered?!
    I would be very worried if my boyfriend said that to me. Fidelity isn't a privalleged extra in a relationship, well not one I'd be happy to be in anyway.

I'm not sure why she still does it, but regardless of telling her a lot, it doesn't make that much difference, sometimes the relationship feels like its going well, and then this guy appears again, and all texts etc are deleted.

Just a little worrying, and ridiculously confusing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm not sure why she still does it, but regardless of telling her a lot, it doesn't make that much difference, sometimes the relationship feels like its going well, and then this guy appears again, and all texts etc are deleted.

Just a little worrying, and ridiculously confusing.
    Read your posts; dump her if you can.

^What the hell - she's cheating/cheated, at the very least she's conveying an interest to cheat. If she deletes texts (what sort of texts, from him?) she's trying to hide something probably.

She's a multiple time cheater. People change, but not that fast.

Massive red flags from what you're saying. Your attitude is ignoring the bad. 'She's beautiful, she's cute, she's funny and sweet...it's just she likes to cut people up and eat them'....Get rid, sounds like you're dating a whore.

Sounds like you know what you ought to do, just that you're too weak right now which is why you're making this thread. She may not respect you but for god's sake respect yourself.

ReputationRep:
    if she is surprised you haven't cheated maybe she has self esteem problems...

im amazed my boyfriend hasn't cheated on me.. just because i dont understand how he gets turned on by me

however im probably wrong.. and she is probably a ****.

ReputationRep:
    It would take a lot to refrain from slapping tbh, that's a bit...

ReputationRep:
    He's telling you that no one hotter has come along yet.

Sounds like a real catch..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Along with this, she often tries to purposefully wind me up about this guy, saying stuff to make me jealous, and talks about him a lot. She has told me a fair few times that she thinks he's the hottest guy in her college, and likes his body, hair etc.
    Tell her she's a nob.

I know it all sounds really bad, it is an LDR unfortunately and will remain that way for a while for a few reasons, when we are together we get along really well, have a few moments, when she says things to make me jealous etc.

She's also told me a few times, if she were blonde and skinny again, she'd go out with some really hot guy, but straight after tells me shes joking, she loves me for who i am, I know you will all think I'm a retard.

I do kind of feel that she loves me etc, it's just sometimes the things she tells me don't fill me with much confidence (to say the least), she does generally tell me when the certain guy sends texts etc.

I'm not a very confident person anyway, and it feels hard to get things through to her sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    Punch her in the ovaries.

ReputationRep:
    For the sake of your pride walk away from this. You're a man aren't you? Stay that way.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.