Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    UWE is my first choice with uni of Manchester as my insurance.......

Hope to be living in Marketgate next year and wondered if anyone knew.....

what kind of time table does the BBS work to eg mainly morning lectures also how long is the avr lecture? and have people found that going to UWE has helped them find good placement year options?

Would living in marketgate put me off going to lectures as it is a treck? to get in to Frenchey:confused:

and also is it an easy/safe/quick cycle route to Frenchey (dont know weather to invest in a bike lol!)

manythanks!!!

ReputationRep:
    whether*

ReputationRep:
    I study at bbs, got 3 11 am starts and 1 9 am start, even the 9 am start you only have to get the about 8.30 bus from outside marketgate, so depends if you think 8.30 is to early of a start :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonpickles)
    I study at bbs, got 3 11 am starts and 1 9 am start, even the 9 am start you only have to get the about 8.30 bus from outside marketgateP
    ohhh thats good! would you recommend taking a bike to Marketgate?
    thanks so much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaraW:))
    ohhh thats good! would you recommend taking a bike to Marketgate?
    thanks so much!
    You could pretty much walk everywhere in town, but dont know how long it would take to bike to frencay to be honest? I think you get a bus pass included in the accomidation cost so that should be ok anyway.

What course are you doing btw?

ReputationRep:

Hope to be living in Marketgate next year and wondered if anyone knew.....

what kind of time table does the BBS work to eg mainly morning lectures also how long is the avr lecture? and have people found that going to UWE has helped them find good placement year options?

Would living in marketgate put me off going to lectures as it is a treck? to get in to Frenchey:confused:

and also is it an easy/safe/quick cycle route to Frenchey (dont know weather to invest in a bike lol!)

manythanks!!!
    Do you mind if I ask what subject you're doing. I'm surprised you got a higher offer from UWE than Manchester, that's all.

ReputationRep:
    If you're going to study a business related course then you should go to the University of Manchester over UWE anyday, not only is UOM one of the World's leading and most respected Universities but it also has fantastic links with major organisations like Accenture and will stand you in a far better position of getting a decent job post-Uni. That is, of course, if you're on about the University of Manchester and not Manchester Met or Salford. If it is either of the last two then firm UWE.

Regarding Marketgate; it's much better than Campus and you should have a great time. If you're studying business studies in first year your 6 modules will be standardised and so you'll take the same 6 modules as about one thousand other students which means that if you're timetabled in for an 8:30am start you can just go to a different lecture and seminar at a later time, and they're fine with that.

U1, U2 and U4 buses all go from Marketgate to campus on a regular basis, with the latter taking 10m. To tell the truth, if you want to balance of the student experience with studying in first year, i.e. you want to have a good time; then Marketgate is the place for you and, as every room has its own en suite; it is the nicest first year city centre accommodation.

ReputationRep:
    but they dont offer placements!? at UWE they said that is the mot important thing for a business course!? so confused!

ReputationRep:
    but they dont offer placements!? at UWE they said that is the mot important thing for a business course!? so confused!
    Doing a placement year was a great help, Sara and I attained work experience in The City, but to honest you're going to be far more employable as a graduate of UOM than UWE - I'd speak to your tutor at college, but employees want students from very good business schools not just good business schools.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 10, 2011
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. University of the West of England
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Oct '18
  2. University of the West of England
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 3 Nov '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.