Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Visited a friend at uni and was treated like **** [long rant] watch

ReputationRep:
    It only takes that to knock your friendship? Tell her how the weekend made you feel, not TSR. If you were really good friends, you would want to make it work. Yes, she has been a complete *****, but it's time you were the bigger man (or woman :awesome:).

She sounds like a complete cow, to be perfectly frank. Sorry you had to deal with that - surely you would make provisions like tidy up and get food in if you had a friend coming to stay?

ReputationRep:
    I know the fairy liquid is petty but I'm not her Mum, surely she should have a quid to spare for washing up stuff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beska)
    She sounds like a right ****.

e: Who the heck negged the OP? Basically her friend said "hey, come up and sit in my flat for the weekend, do what I want and give me money - that ok?" - have some +ve to cancel out that neg.
    The negs are probably because of the handtowel comment. Having to use the same one a few times does not equal disaster.

ReputationRep:
    A young girl in financial difficulties. Tell me more

:sexface:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffinz)
    I just got back from a long weekend of seeing one of my "friends" at university - she was a ***** the whole time and I'm never talking to her again.

I'll preface this with a bit of background: we've been friends since the beginning of secondary school and kept in touch, met up and stuff despite doing different courses, so we've made an effort for eachother. Ever since she left for university in September (Northampton, History, for those wondering) she's been begging me to come up and see her.

Last week she asked if I could "please come up and see [her] this weekend (2nd/3rd April)". I said yes, booked the tickets (~90 pounds), booked some time off work and went up to visit her on Saturday.

On the Friday night before I left she texted me and asked if I could bring her some fairy liquid, as she had ran out. I was immediately offended, as you know, washing liquid is cheap as chips and I'm coming to see her as a guest, not as her Mum to bring her supplies. Nonetheless I packed some of the stuff and took it up with me. (Oh, and she didn't say thank you for it).

I got on the train and went up to see her on Saturday, and was concerned about where to meet her once I got there. She originally told me to meet her in town, but as I had never been to Northampton in my life I asked her to meet me in the station off the train. She didn't, instead leaving me to flip my **** when I got out the place without finding her.

She finally showed up and we got home, no problems there. We dumped our stuff, got ready to go out and hit the town. We went into this amazing club called Embargos with one of her friends, and we were having a good time. About halfway through the night, she sits down in a corner and refuses to get up and dance anymore, simply claiming that it "wasn't [her] scene". I felt awkward leaving her there so I sat down too. As she said she was skint, I bought her drinks all night too.

Actually this is taking too long to go through everything so I'll bullet point.

After that;

- Refused to go for a walk or anything the next day, saying she was too tired.
    - Didn't have enough food in her flat for her, let alone both of us. Initially refused to take me to Asda because she was skint.
    - Seemingly expected me to sit in her flat doing nothing for hours on end.
    - Had no clean towels, no milk or bread, no hairdryer, basic things. I had to use a handtowel she had used about 4 or 5 times because she said she was too skint to do laundry... although she could afford to handwash a dress for going out on Monday night. Funny, that.
    - Had us sit in her flat for about 3 hours on Monday night waiting for her friends to come over, despite them just being a short walk over at the Student Union. I suggested we go meet them there, she said she couldn't be bothered to walk.
    - Left me alone at the club we went to on Monday with her bag and her shoes while she snogged a random boy outside.
    - Suggested that I cheat on my boyfriend with one of said boy's friends.
    - Told me to move my lilo when I wanted a short nap on Tuesday afternoon so she could use the computer.
    - Refused to let me **** off to a Travelodge.

All in all I had a pretty ****ty time despite tolerating her and trying to be fun, and I'll never talk to her again.

tl;dr: **** friend at a **** uni in a **** town. **** trip.
    That does sound pretty but but you never know . . . If she asked you to come over maybe she was feeling a bit down because of all these money problems and wanted a friendly face?

ReputationRep:

tl;dr: **** friend at a **** uni in a **** town. **** trip.
    Best summary ever. I love when like 50% of a sentence is just asterisks.

_kar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra1234567)
    Completely unrelated, but Embargos in Northampton is noooot an amazing club, unless you go on Tuesdays.

On topic, sounds like a **** weekend, depending on how much you value her friendship you either talk to her honestly about it with some distance from it actually happening (for perspective for both of you) or just don't bother with her again.
    They had metal/screamo on the top floor. I had a ****ing blast.

I'm just not gonna talk to her again. She just wanted me up there to buy her drinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mysteriouschic)
    Thats mean the way she treated you. You should tell her how you feel about the way she treated you or just forget about her . Friends shouldn't treat their friends like this she invited you over then told you she had no money and expected you to pay for everything thats so rude.
    Exactly it is rude. If I had a friend like that I'll just forget about them...that's so sad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WelshBluebird)
    The negs are probably because of the handtowel comment. Having to use the same one a few times does not equal disaster.
    Oh, she told me to use it after showering. Someone elses dirty towel. You don't give your guest your dirty towels to use. :/

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like a lazy.. 'chav' lady

ReputationRep:
    Oh, she told me to use it after showering. Someone elses dirty towel. You don't give your guest your dirty towels to use. :/
    Me and my gf share towels. Granted that is a little different, but still.

ReputationRep:
    I always bring my own towel when I visit friends

P.S. I agree with the rest of your post though

Urgh God! People are sh!te. You're not alone, OP, I've got some shoddy mates too and after some of my experiences, I never want to go out of town to stay at anybody's house.

One mate of mine (Leeds) asked me to go stay the night at hers after a house party/ night on the town.. I wasn't well and a bit skint but didn't want to let her down. Turns out 2 of her chavvy mates had been ****ging me off before I arrived (they'd never met me before, only been shown my Facebook), but I tried to brush it off and enjoy myself regardless.

An hour after we went into town she left me by myself (long story) to go off with these two girls, her phone was dead, last train had long gone and I couldn't remember her address - I was totally stranded without even a coat on. I eneded up forking out £60 for a taxi back to Sheffield after paying for her drinks all night. I never did my stuff back from her house. Silly cow.

The second time I went to Leeds was to stay with another friend for her birthday. She decided that night she had "depression", refused to drink or dance and at about 11 o'clock decided to go home without telling anybody. I was supposed to be staying with her, she didn't answer her phone (she'd apparently gone to bed!) so I had to sheepishly approach her friends to hustle a place to stay for the night. One of her mates was lovely and took me in, but next day I was on the outskirts of Leeds with no idea how to get into town or where the train station was..

I never want to stay anywhere other than a hotel in future. People suck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by little_wizard123)
    Sounds like your friendship is History.
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_chvKNYtmvt...miami_yeah.jpg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ily_em)
    I always bring my own towel when I visit friends

P.S. I agree with the rest of your post though
    I've always provided towels for people and been provided towels. I thought it was just one of those things.

ReputationRep:
    its stupid *****y girls....

thats why u shud be frends with guys.. but then again they start perving!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DontJudge)
    its stupid *****y girls....

thats why u shud be frends with guys.. but then again they start perving!
    At least they have a clear agenda though!

ReputationRep:
    shell call you at the end of uni year, when she has to come back, shell realise who her friends are.

I had 1 or 2 friends like that, Im a nice person, who will always be considerate, but at the same time, I dont take sh** 4rm people who are full of sh**.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah you can either give her one more chance or just get her out of your life. Negative waste of spaces like her are soo annoying!

How could she do that to you? You've known each other since the start of secondary school, so what, after 8/9 yrs this is what you get from her?! She doesn't sound like a friend more like a user!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2011
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.