Turn on thread page Beta

People's experiences coming off cerazette? watch

ReputationRep:
    For health reasons (my boyfriends, not mine), we have to start using condoms again for the foreseeable future. So I was thinking this might be the ideal time to come off cerazette to give my body a rest from the pill.

But I've heard some horror stories about coming off; constant bleeds, no bleeds, headache, nausea, being a moody cow etc etc. My only worry would be that it would impact on my exams I have in May/June because I feel so rubbish. Also being mardy wouldn't really help with what's going on with my boyfriend as he really needs me to be there for him...

My options are coming off totally or swapping to the implant. On cerazette I have had no side effects and no periods so I'm ok with staying on or swapping. The only reason I really want to come off is as I said, to give my body a rest.

Anybody's experiences would really help me make a decision

ReputationRep:
    I was fine when i come off it...but that might just be me. It's different for everyone. It was a relief for me, I'd suffered constant bleeding from it!

ReputationRep:
    I had a crapped up body with it, was fine without it.

I'm back on it again. Boo.

ReputationRep:
    I bled constantly when I was on it. When I came off, I didn't bleed for about 3 months and then my periods were irregular for a while (I have irregular periods anyway, but this was even more so).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2011
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.